PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases on March 15:
* Kyle Leon Sparks, 30, 830 Ridge St., Marietta, was arraigned on a charge of petit larceny and released on a $1,500 personal recognizance bond.
* Bailey Ann Jayko, 28, 147 Saddle Lane, Waverly, entered a no contest plea on the charge of unlawful acts of licensees, beer sales under 21. She was assessed $185.25 in court costs and fines.
* Susan Taggart, 38, 16 Plum Run Road, Williamstown, was arraigned on the charges of shoplifting and possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine. She was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* William Clarence Washington, 34, 426 Griffith Run, Spencer, was arraigned on a charge of receiving or transferring a stolen vehicle and was being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $3,500 surety bond.
* Charlie Johnson, 25, 1915 Coopers Creek Road, Charleston, was arraigned on a charge of grand larceny and was being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $2,500 cash bond.