Wood County Circuit Court
PARKERSBURG — The following cases were heard in Wood County Circuit Court on Aug. 29.
* In Judge Robert Waters’s court, Bradley Justin Giffen, 35, who is being held at the North Central Regional Jail, has pleaded not guilty on four charges of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver: Cocaine, Fentynal, Methamphetamine and Heroin; and four charges of conspiracy to deliver a controlled substance. The defendant made a motion to reduce his $50,000 surety bond, but it was denied. The trial has been set for Nov. 28, 2018.
* Judge Robert Waters granted the motion for the attorney representing Christian Kyle Cottrell, 27, who is being held at the North Central Regional Jail on the charges of two counts of animal cruelty, to withdraw due to a conflict of interest. Eric Powell has been appointed as Cottrell’s new attorney and the trial is set for Oct. 23.
* In Judge Jason Wharton’s court, a trial date of Nov. 7 was set for Andrew J. Strock, 38, of Vienna, who is charged with malicious assault.
PARKERSBURG — The following cases were heard in the Wood County Circuit Court Aug. 30.
* In Judge Robert Waters’s court, Steven Griffith, 34, 2390 Meadowview Drive, Parkersburg, was granted a motion to continue to the September term in court. The trial is set for Oct. 23. He was arraigned for involuntary manslaughter of Chad Hart, wanton endangerment involving a firearm and brandishing a firearm.
* In Judge Jason Wharton’s court, Deshawn Nelson, 49, last known address 929 1/2 Market St., Parkersburg, the trial for status or sentencing is set for September 27 and the defendant was ordered to seek in patient treatment facility. He was charged for attempted arson, obstruction, two counts of assault and one count of battery.