PARKERSBURG — The following cases appeared in Wood County Magistrate Court on Aug. 17:
* Ares Matthew Harlan, 30, 253 Monroe Ave., New Martinsville, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance, was sentenced to 90 days jail suspended for six months probation and was assessed $160.25 in court costs.
* Timothy P. Lewis, 46, 922 East 12th St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of driving under suspension, no insurance and improper registration and was released on $3,000 bond.
* Tabitha Grace Howell, 37, 1102 29th St., Parkersburg, pleaded no contest to driving under suspension and was assessed $260.25 in fines and court costs.
* Codey G. Bettinger, 20, 209 Poplar Lane, Marietta, was arraigned on a no insurance charge and released on $1,000 bond.
* Ross Cody Odenwald, 24, 4629 Moonlite Ave., Kalamazoo, Mich., pleaded guilty to driving under the influence, was sentenced to time served and was assessed $360.26 in fines and court costs.
* Alexander Joseph Clark, 43, 208 Mineral Park Lane, Mineral Wells, was arraigned on a third-offense charge of driving under suspension and was released on $5,000 bond.
* Chauncey William Edmonds, 34, 1020 Avery St., Apt. 4, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of prohibited person with a firearm and was released on $2,000 bond.
* Kory Celis Harrison-Turner, 18, 732 North Nelson Road, Apt. d, Columbus, was arraigned on a charge of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and bond was set at $100,000.