On the Record
PARKERSBURG — The following cases were handled Sept. 10-11 in Wood County Circuit Court:
* Joshua Ray Lell, 37, of Williamstown, was found guilty of sexual abuse in the second-degree in a bench trial before Judge J.D. Beane. The case was appealed from Wood County Magistrate Court. Beane upheld the sentence of 90 days in jail, suspended for one year of unsupervised probation and the requirement that Lell register as a sex offender. According to court documents, Lell sexually abused an individual who required 24-hour care.
* A capias warrant was ordered by Beane for William Paul Fluharty, 26, of Parkersburg, after Fluharty did not appear for a change of plea hearing. The plea agreement was withdrawn. Fluharty had been indicted on charges of breaking and entering and grand larceny.
* Melissa McMahan, 39, of Parkersburg, pleaded guilty before Judge Jason Wharton to one count of child neglect resulting in bodily injury, a lesser included offense of her original charge, child neglect resulting in serious bodily injury. Her sentencing was scheduled for 9 a.m. Jan. 27.
McMahan was charged for failing to get her 6-year-old son treatment after he broke his left arm in a fall.
* Roger Dale Roush, 50, of Vienna, was sentenced by Judge Robert Waters to 15 years in prison, suspended for seven years probation and required to register for life as a sex offender. He previously pleaded guilty to a charge of soliciting a minor via computer.
* Nathaniel Tyler Farley, 24, in custody at St. Marys Correctional Center, was sentenced by Waters to six months on a charge of driving under the influence of a controlled substance, to be served concurrently with his ongoing sentence on burglary and battery on a government representative. He was also sentenced to one to 15 years with credit for 340 days served on a burglary count, one to five years on a charge of fleeing with reckless indifference and one year on a charge of escape, to be served consecutively to the current sentence.
* Duane Edward Powers, 38, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, waived extradition to Washington County after being arrested on a fugitive from justice warrant for failure to appear on a theft charge.
* Damon Uriah Beatty, 39, in custody at the Mount Olive Correctional Center, pleaded guilty to an information charging him with escape. His sentencing was scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Nov. 13.
WILLIAMSTOWN — The Williamstown Police Department released the following reports Sept. 16:
* Michael David Goodwin, 41, Spencer, was arrested on two warrants charging him with petit larceny out of Putnam County near the Williamstown Boat Ramp. Goodwin was arraigned at Wood County Magistrate Court and released on bond.
* Officers recovered a 2004 Grand Prix reportedly stolen out of Marietta. Criminal charges are pending.
* Matthew Vernon Scott, 33, Williamstown, was arrested on a capias warrant after failing to appear on charges of driving on a suspended license, possession of heroin and obstructing. Scott was arraigned at Wood County Magistrate Court and released on bond.
* Brayden Starkey, 19, Mingo Junction, Ohio, was cited for speeding, 55 mph in a 35 mph zone, on West Third Street.
* Katherine Radabaugh, 35, Williamstown, was cited for expired registration and expired motor vehicle inspection on West Third Street.
* Kyle Matoszkia, 21, Johnstown, Pa., was cited for speeding, 49 mph in a 35 mph zone, on West Third Street.
* Jesse Shockey, 19, Parkersburg, was cited for speeding, 52 mph in a 35 mph zone, on West Third Street.
* Rhonda Butcher, 51, Parkersburg, was cited for speeding, 41 mph in a 25 zone, on Highland Avenue.
* John Goots, 61, Vienna, was cited for failure to obey traffic control device at Poplar Avenue and West Third Street.
* Johathan Vanooyen, 39, Parkersburg, was cited for expired registration and expired MVI on Naish Avenue.
* A 17 year old Vienna female was cited for speeding, 52 mph in a 35 mph zone, on West Third Street.
* Braden Hewitt, 24, Cutler, was cited for left of center and no insurance on W.Va. 14.
* Steven Mclaughlin, 22, Avon Lake, Ohio, was cited for cell phone use while driving on West Third Street.
* Anastasia Tucker, 21, Marietta, was arrested on a warrant for domestic battery following a traffic stop on Highland Avenue. Tucker was arraigned at Wood County Magistrate Court and her bond was set at $5,000.
* Mackenzie Irwin, 25, Marietta, was cited for a red light violation on Highland Avenue.
* Ryan Haught, 21, Mount Clare, W.Va., was cited for speeding, 49 mph in a 35 mph zone, on West Third Street.
* Thomas Wood, 48, Byesville, Ohio, was cited for speeding, 39 mph in a 25 mph zone, on Highland Avenue.
* Brittany Science, 20, Whipple, was cited for possession of controlled substances on Highland Avenue near I-77.
PARKERSBURG — The following divorce petitions were filed in the office of the Wood County Circuit Clerk between Aug. 26 and Sept. 6:
* Robert Keith Dowler v. Shanna Dawn Dowler
* Jane Elizabeth Wilfong v. Daniel Kelly Wilfong
* Andrew Michael Monroe v. Carrie Lynn Monroe
* Travis Ray Rector v. Rebecca Lee Rector
* Joseph Donald Walker v. June M. Hively-Walker
* Robin DeMoss v. Kenny DeMoss
* Misty M. McIntyre v. James K. McIntyre
* Racheal Ann Hinzman v. Russell Norman Hinzman
* Joni Marie Ball v. Matthew Alan Ball
* Ian Thomas Williamson v. Patience Joy Williamson
* John Forrest Blouir v. Amy Louise Blouir
* Tracie Lynn Rector v. Franklin Winston Rector II
* Amanda Jo Lacey v. Todd Halstead Lacey
* Amanda Dawn Lawrence v. Kelvin Richard Lawrence
MARIETTA — The following people recently filed for divorces or dissolutions at the Washington County Courthouse:
* Jessica Mendenhall, 37, of Newport, and Matthew Mendenhall, 36, of Newport, were granted a dissolution of marriage on Sept. 4.
* Teresa K. Stark, 60, of Marietta, and Roger D. Stark, 61, of Whipple, were granted a divorce on Sept. 4.