On the Record
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases Aug. 13.
* Justin Hines, 22, 106 Devolel Drive, Marietta, was arraigned on a charge of possession of marijuana without a prescription and was being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $1,000 surety bond.
* Travis Edwards, 32, 1108 40th St. Apartment A, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of strangulation and was being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $20,000 surety bond.
* Allecia Shelton, 28, 702 Lower Donnelly Road, Charleston, was arraigned on a charge of disorderly conduct and released on a $200 personal recognizance bond.
* Jessica McGee, 32, 718 Eighth Ave., Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of obstruction and possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, methamphetamine; she was released on a $2,000 surety bond.
* Megan Wise, 32, 1108 40th St. Apartment B, Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and shoplifting; she was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Alicia Carroll, 26, 706 East Penn Ave., Pennsboro, pleaded guilty to a charge of petit larceny; she was assessed $170.25 in court costs and fines, ordered to pay $32.95 in restitution, was sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation and ordered to report to the Day Reporting Center for six months. As part of a plea agreement she was dismissed on a charge of forgery or uttering.
* Jacob Helmick Williams, 23, 47 Willowbrook Drive, Parkersburg, waived his preliminary hearing on a charge of nighttime burglary and his case has been bound over to Wood County Circuit Court for grand jury consideration.
* Bobbie Davis, 35, 535 Sixth St. upstairs apartment, Parkersburg, waived a preliminary hearing on a charge of manufacturing, delivery or possession with the intent to manufacture or deliver a controlled substance and presentation of a firearm during commission of a felony. Davis’s case has been bound over to Wood County Circuit Court for grand jury consideration.
* Corey Tanner, 31, 143 Fall Run Road, Walker, pleaded guilty to a charge of driving while suspended or revoked and was assessed $270.25 in court costs and fines.
* Dustin Atkinson, 33, 820 Bell Rock Ave., Belpre, pleaded guilty to a charge of shoplifting; he was assessed $190.25 in court costs and fines and ordered to pay a $50 civil penalty to the victim.
MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Aug. 12:
* On Aug. 9, Deputy Hall responded to Grindstone Drive, Marietta, to a report of cattle belonging to Randy Simms being in the roadway and running loose through neighbor’s crops. Contact had been made on Aug. 8 with Simms by Deputy McKee when the cows were out on that day. Neighbors called this date and attempts to contact Simms met with negative results. With help from local farmers, the cattle were able to be put back on Simms’ property. On Aug. 10, another report came in about the same cattle in the neighbor’s crops. Simms was contacted on the phone and he advised he had just gotten the cows back on his property. A summons is being requested for Simms, 64, 1045 Grindstone Drive, Marietta, for animals at large.
* On Aug. 9, Deputy Zide responded to Reno to a report of Jeffrey Seevers Jr. doing damage to a vehicle and residence. Seevers had been in a verbal argument with the victim which led to Seevers attempting to open a vehicle door, and then striking the hood of the vehicle with his fists. The victim feared for her safety due to the actions of Seevers. Seevers, 37, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
* On Aug. 10, at approximately 9:05 a.m. Deputy Brown responded to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office in reference to a possible domestic violence complaint, which occurred at 2840 Caywood Road, Marietta, between Nora and William Zajac. Nora explained that on Aug. 9 her husband, William, returned home and they began arguing. Nora stated William “snapped” her with a kitchen towel, grabbing her wrist at one point holding her, and struck her in the head with an unknown object. Deputy Brown then met with William at the residence William admitted to a verbal argument occurring when he returned home yesterday, stating that Nora was acting out and removing items from the walls around the home. William reports that Nora approached him in an aggressive manner and he held her wrists to keep her away from him. William also stated she attacked him while he was in the bathroom, scratching him in multiple places. William denied striking Nora in the head with anything and instead stated she tried to hit him with a wooden object. Deputy Brown observed abrasions on both Nora and William. William Mitchell Zajac, 61, and Nora Margaret Zajac, 72, were both placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
* On Aug. 10, Lt. Hunter responded to Center Street, Beverly, to a report of Deidre Wriston having a break-in at that location. This case remains under investigation.
* On Aug. 10, Sgt. Parks was dispatched to 817 Masonic Park Road, Lot 10, Marietta, to a dispute between Danielle N. Oliver and Leroy G. Best. Oliver stated that she and Best were in an argument when Best shoved her so she punched him in the back of the head. Best confirmed Oliver and him had lived at the residence together for the past two months Best stated that he turned away from Oliver and she punched him in the back of the head. Best was also bleeding from his finger after Oliver had ripped the phone from his hand while he was trying to call 911. Danielle Nicole Oliver, 29, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* On Aug. 10, Deputy White was dispatched at approximately 8:55 p.m. to 1399 Tick Ridge Road, Vincent, to a reported domestic dispute. Penny McClain stated Michael Miller had been living with her for several months. McClain reports Miller returned today around 8:15 p.m., intoxicated, and began yelling at her and calling her names. Witnesses arrived inside the home, at which time Miller knocked food out of McClain’s hands, and then proceeded outside and challenged the other subject to a fight. McClain called 911 at that time and Miller left on his motorcycle. Miller returned to the residence while Deputy White was en route, and began chasing subjects around the yard to engage him in a fight. Deputy White approached Miller, who admitted to being intoxicated, unsure how many alcoholic beverages he consumed. Miller stated that he was attacked by the witness with a baseball bat. The witness reported he did not have a baseball bat, but he was holding a PVC pipe to protect himself from Miller, but there was no physical altercation. Michael Phillip Miller, 51, was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* On Aug. 10, Lt. Hunter met with Seneca Wolfe, Main Street, Waterford, to take a report of a theft of a mountain bike. This case remains under investigation.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Friday and Monday:
* James Franklin Carey, 40, 348 Nelson Street, Elizabeth, Ohio, probation violation.
* Denise Renae Parker, 45, 7497 Harris Highway, Washington, W.Va., probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Clayton Gene Porter, 21, 215 Barnette Ridge Road, Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Daniel Earl Science, 23, 105 Wyoming Road, Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Jeffrey Thomas Seevers Jr., 37, Marietta, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Michael Dale Travis, 21, 405 E. Branch Road, Lowell, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Levi Riley Grove, 25, 1403 Seventh Street, Vienna, OVI, speed, improper lane change and traffic signal (red light), all misdemeanors.
* Travis Lee Edwards, 32, 716 Calder Ridge Road, Belpre, no operator’s license, a misdemeanor.
* William Mitchell Zajac, 61, 2840 Caywood Road, Marietta, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Nora Margaret Zajac, 72, Marietta, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Jeffrey Lawrence Metcalf, 29, 6956 SR 329, Guysville, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Kyle Andrew Bryant, 31, Belpre, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Cynthia Kay Myers, 45, 615 East Montgomery Street, Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Michael Phillip Miller, 51, Waterford, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Danielle Nicole Oliver, 29, Marietta, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Marc Alan Hescht, 61, Belpre, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Ethan Edward Hall, 29, 955 Zion Ridge Road, Marietta, receiving stolen property, a misdemeanor.
* Cecilia Kathleen Schultz, 20, 749 Mary Street, Belpre, contempt of court, a felony.
ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Aug. 13:
* Deputies responded to Poston Road in The Plains for a well-being check of a pedestrian. A female had been involved in verbal argument with a family member and was walking to her residence. The female was transported home as it was dark and not a safe area to be walking.
* A report was taken from an Oxley Road resident for a possible protection order violation that may have occurred. The matter is under investigation.
* Units performed a traffic stop revealing John Ladeaux, 28, of Jacksonville, having a nationwide warrant for his arrest. Ladeaux’s mother, Angela McGrath, 53, of Jacksonville, was in the vehicle following him. Deputies took McGrath into custody for an active nationwide warrant. Both Ladeaux and McGrath were brought before Common Pleas Court for their appearance.
* Deputies responded to New Marshfield Road for a report of an assault in progress. An individual was placed under arrest for aggravated menacing and domestic violence.
* Units responded to a Sawyers Run Road residence in Coolville in reference to a suicidal subject making threats of self-harm. Deputies arrived on scene and transported the individual to O’Bleness Hospital for an evaluation.