MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports June 24:
* On June 17, a dog belonging to Stephanie Morris, 803 Front St., Marietta, got loose from her residence and ran onto a neighbor’s property and charged toward a Meals on Wheels delivery person. Sgt. McGilton made contact with Morris, and determined she owned two dogs, both over three months of age. Morris admitted one of her dogs had gotten loose on this date, and that she failed to have her dogs registered. A summons is being requested for Stephanie Jean Morris, 36, for failing to restrain her dog and failing to register two dogs.
* On June 17, Sgt. McGilton responded to the Crystal Care Campgrounds, 585 Browns Road, Reno, to conduct a welfare check on a camper with children and animals, which was reported to have deplorable living conditions. Rachel and Chadwick Strickland reportedly moved into the camper with their two children around March 29. The Stricklands owned one dog, an adult cat with three kittens, and three other adult cats, which all lived inside this small two-bedroom camper. Rita Walters and a juvenile recently moved into this camper as well and brought their 12 dogs.
McGilton approached the camper and could smell a foul odor coming from the camper. A juvenile exited the camper with two other children. The children were filthy and smelled of the same odor, which was excreting from the camper. Walters was not present at the time of arrival; however, the Stricklands arrived home shortly after being called. The Stricklands granted permission for McGilton to enter the camper to view the living conditions and the animals. The smell inside the camper was overbearing and caused watery eyes and difficulty in breathing, McGilton said.
Thirteen small animals had severe skin infections, sores, scabs, eye infections, missing and/or matted fur, overgrown nails, dental disease and urine scalding. Some of the dogs had decent weight; however, some were emaciated with ribs, hipbones and backbones protruding. The adult cat with the kittens was in poor condition, with skin infection and sores on her body, and the kittens were in a similar condition.
The interior of the camper appeared to be saturated with urine and feces. Litter boxes were observed and were full. Rachel admitted the dogs were not housebroken. Thirteen dogs, one cat and her kittens were seized.
The children were taken to a safe environment. Summonses are being requested for Rita M. Walters, 54, for 12 counts of cruelty to companion animals and three counts child endangerment, Rachel Strickland, 35, for two counts cruelty to companion animals and three counts child endangerment, and Chadwick Strickland, 28, for two counts of cruelty to companion animals and three counts child endangerment.
* On June 18, Sgt. Holbert was dispatched to Main Street, Lowell, to the Duchess Store to investigate a 12 pack of beer being stolen. This case remains under investigation.
* On June 18, Lt. Augenstein responded to Macksburg to a possible trespassing complaint. This case remains under investigation.
* On June 20, Deputy Carr responded to Muskingum Township to investigate a possible theft of natural gas. This is an ongoing investigation.
* On June 20 at approximately 5:31 p.m., Deputy White was dispatched to 1005 Cornerville Road, Marietta, in regard to a possible domestic disturbance. White arrived after Lt. Hunter and Deputy Carr, who were speaking with Sunshine Farnsworth and Eric Valentine. Farnsworth occasionally stays at the Valentine home and advised they were in a verbal argument, which turned physical. Due to the different stories deputies were given, both subjects, Sunshine Louise Farnsworth, 34, 136 Franklin St., Marietta, and Eric Shawn Valentine, 48, above address, are being charged with disorderly conduct by fighting.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Friday and Monday:
* Ashley Michelle Neader, 29, 207 Second St., Lower Salem, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Dakota Anthony McCormick, 22, Philo, Ohio, domestic violence and driving under suspension, both misdemeanors, contempt of court and fictitious plates.
* Dustin Michael Omspach, 37, 314 Lowell St., Lowell, possession of drugs, probation violation and tampering with evidence, all felonies, driving under OVI suspension, fictitious plates, both misdemeanors.
* James Stewart Reed, 29, 4025 Glenestee Road, Cincinnati, driving under suspension, theft and contempt of court, all misdemeanors.
* Angela Dawn Duelley, 31, Caldwell, possession of drugs and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
* Mary Ruth Carpenter, 58, 20475 State Route 60, Beverly, driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
* Cyril Clifford Pletcher, 39, 920 Schott Road, Waterford, improperly furnish firearms to a minor, a felony, and endangering children, a misdemeanor.
* Cody Montell Knotts, 28, homeless, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Carole Sue Needs, 31, 280 Summers Road, Apt. 3, Marietta, disorderly conduct and possessing drug abuse instruments, both misdemeanors.
* Shamen Rayne Thomas, 18, 2715 Danas Run Road, Newport, having weapons while under disability, a felony.