On the Record
ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Dec. 3:
* On Dec. 1, the Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on East Canal Street. During the course of the stop K-9 Bora indicated on the vehicle. During the search, items were located that were sent to BCI for testing. The driver, Robert Swaro, 30, was arrested on an active warrant and additional charges are pending.
* On Dec. 1, the Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on Burr Oak Boulevard. During the investigation, Tedara Pierce, 27, was found to have an outstanding warrant for her arrest. K9 Bora was deployed and indicated on the vehicle. contraband was seized. And charges are pending lab results for drug abuse instruments. Pierce was arrested and transported to SEORJ without incident.
* On Nov. 30, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to State Route 13 in reference to a burglary. This case is still under investigation.
* On Nov. 30, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to The Plains storage units where a female advised somebody had entered her storage unit. At the time of the report it had not been determined if any items were missing. This matter is under investigation.
* On Nov. 30, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a walk-in report of threats left in a voice message. The complainant stated that she received a message from her mother that included threat of physical violence against her. Deputies were able to obtain the message and the case is under further investigation.
* On Nov. 30, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Four Mile Creek Road in reference to a burglary report. The victim of this incident said two males kicked in his front door and entered the residence, but he said they did not take anything. He advised that they were calling him by name and when they kicked in the door he hid in the bathroom. This case is currently under investigation.
* On Dec. 1, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Ellis Avenue in regard to a complaint called in by neighbors who advised that a male was dragging his grandmother around the yard. Upon arriving on scene, deputies observed an elderly female lying on the ground near the driveway in the rain. The 81-year-old female advised that her grandson slammed her to the ground and dragged her around. She stated that she had severe pain in her hips, back, and neck. While deputies were attempting to cover the victim with their rain jackets, the grandson charged the deputies from the neighbors back yard, screaming that he was being shot at. The male was identified as Joey ONail, 35. The female was transported to OMH by ACEMS for treatment. ONail was transported to SEORJ and incarcerated on a charge of domestic violence.
* On Dec. 1, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Spreading Oaks Trailer Court on Selby Road, for a report of an attempted burglary. The caller stated they returned home to find pry marks on their front door where someone had attempted to gain entry. The caller said this occurred between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. They advised that the attempt was not successful, and no items were missing. A report was taken. Anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area during that time frame is asked to contact the Athens County Sheriff’s Office 740.593.6633.
* On Dec. 2, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Vanderhoof Road in reference to a suspicious person complaint. Deputies made contact at a residence with a male who claimed to have been lost in woods for several days. The subject did have an injury to his foot that needed medical attention and did complain of suffering from exposure to the elements. The subject was transported to OMH by EMS for medical treatment.