ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Nov. 26:
• On Nov. 21, the Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on North Plains Road. While on the stop, K9 Bora indicated on the vehicle. Upon searching the vehicle, narcotics were located. Upon searching the passenger narcotics were also located. Charges for possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine and tampering with evidence will be requested.
• On Nov. 21, the Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on U.S. 50. Deputies deployed K-9 Bora who indicated on the vehicle. A bulk amount of suspected methamphetamine was located, as well as several drug abuse instruments associated with methamphetamine. Deputies also located two types of schedule 2 narcotics, and suspected LSD within the vehicle. All items were seized and have been sent to a lab for testing. Future charges will be pursued pending lab results.
• On Nov. 23, the Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop for vehicle defect on State Route 13. Upon making contact with the passenger, it was learned that he had an active warrant for his arrest. Michael McQuade, 40, was placed under arrest and transported to Southeastern Ohio Regiona Jail.
• On Nov. 21, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Grant Street for a report of a domestic violence/disorderly person report. Deputies investigated the incident and determined via statements and physical evidence that there was probable cause for a charge in this case. Tina Smathers, 46, was arrested for domestic violence and transported to SEORJ.
• On Nov. 21, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Rhoric Road in reference to a theft report. The complainant said a friend of hers was staying at the residence while her and her family were on vacation and while they were gone, she believes the friend stole several items from the home. The complainant advised this occurred at the end of October. The reporting deputy will attempt to locate and interview the suspect. This case is under investigation.
• On Nov. 22, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Monroe Street on a report of property damage to a vehicle. A report was taken and is currently under investigation.
• On Nov. 23, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Brimstone Road in reference to a woman being slumped over in a car in someone’s driveway. Upon arrival, the complainants stated they did not know who she was and had attempted to wake her with no success. While one unit attempted to talk to her a second unit stated he could see marijuana and what appeared to be methamphetamine on the floor board. The female was transported to the hospital and the suspected narcotics were seized. Charges will be referred to the Grand Jury once test results have returned.
• On Nov. 23, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Coolville Go Mart on a report of theft of gas. A report was taken.
• On Nov. 23, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Perry Ridge Road for a report of thefts from a motor vehicle. The victim reported that two vehicles were broken into and the vehicles were ransacked. There was no significant damage to the vehicle as a result of forced entry. At this time, there are no leads in the case due to a lack of evidence at the scene. This case was closed pending further investigative information.
• On Nov. 24, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to South Plains Road for a property damage report. Upon making contact with the caller she advised that sometime between 5:30 p.m. Friday and 1 p.m. Saturday somebody sliced the tires on two of their vehicles.
• On Nov. 24, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Perry Ridge Road in regard to a report of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. The caller advised that his niece had used his vehicle and that she had not returned the vehicle. The vehicle was located in Nelsonville and returned back to the owner. The female suspect, Patricia Monroe, 23, also had active warrants out of Athens County and was transported to SEORJ without further incident. Case closed.
• On Nov. 25, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Taylor Ridge Road on a report of a stolen chainsaw. The complainant said he was cutting up a tree with the chainsaw the other day and left it on the front porch of his residence. He said sometime during the morning, someone had taken the chainsaw from his front porch. At this time, the suspect(s) are unknown.
• On Nov. 25, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to State Route 356 for a domestic dispute. The caller advised that her husband had struck her in the face. When deputies arrived, the husband had already left the scene. This case is under further investigation.
• On Nov. 25, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to State Route 78 in reference to a vehicle that was stuck in a yard. Upon making contact the driver, he advised he was attempting to turn around when he got stuck. The vehicle was removed by a local tow company. Also, on scene was Angela Williams 47, who was arrested on an active Athens County warrant. She was transported to SEORJ.
• On Nov. 25, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office Responded to Dutch Ridge road for a harassment complaint. The caller advised that her and her ex-father-in-law were in an argument earlier that day and that later he called her and left a threatening voicemail on her phone. This case is still under further investigation.