On the Record
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court released the following reports Oct. 16:
* Christopher Allen Streight, 32, 2717 ¢ Bird St. Apt. A, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of obstruction. As part of a plea agreement, a charge of shoplifting was dismissed. He was assessed $160.25 in court costs and fines.
* John Keneth Roberts, 23, 211 Central Drive, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to fleeing on foot and was assessed $160.25 in court cost and fines.
* Danielle N. Malloy, 26, 413 Eighth St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to two counts of shoplifting and was assessed $320.50 in court costs and fines plus a $50 civil penalty to Dollar General and Sheetz.
* Rebecca Dwight Hersman, 69, 2314 Morningside Ave., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to striking an unattended vehicle and was assessed $205.25 in court costs and fines.
* James Allen Dragoo, 37, 515 Myrtle St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to driving while suspended or revoked, a third offense, and was assessed $660.25 in court costs and fines.
* Samantha Jo Kuhn, 27, 98 Boaz Gardens Drive Apt. 33, Williamstown, pleaded guilty to driving without insurance. As part of a plea agreement, she was dismissed on a charge of driving while revoked for DUI. She was sentenced to home confinement for 6 months, one year probation and assessed $360.25 in court costs and fines.
* Brittany Nichol Gibson, 19, 1725 Latrobe St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to petit larceny. As part of a plea agreement, she was dismissed on a charge of obtaining money, property and services by false pretenses. She was sentenced to 30 days in jail, six months probation and assessed $535.25 in court costs and fines.
* Amie Dilly, 37, 216 Lake George Road, Mineral Wells, was arraigned on two charges of worthless checks and released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Joseph Byron Cain, 32, 1315 Staunton Turnpike, Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of petit larceny, shoplifting, trespassing and obstruction. He was released on a $2,500 surety bond.
* Ricky Lee Cline, 19, 2926 Meadsville Road, Davisiville, was arraigned on charges of manufacturing, delivering or possession with intent to manufacture or deliver, methamphetamine, and shoplifting. He is being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $100,500 surety bond.
* Chester Elwood Tabor, 49, 114 6th Ave., Altoona, Pa., pleaded guilty to driving impaired. As part of a plea agreement, she was dismissed on a charge of driving while suspended or revoked. She was assessed $335.25 in court costs and fines.
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Oct. 15.
* Thomas Leon Creech, 65, of 19th Street, was issued a citation for open alcoholic beverage container.
* Jason Ryan Dickel, 37, of Eli Locust Road, was arrested on a warrant for driving on suspended license.
* Kasey Dawn Alltop, 29, of Bird Street, was arrested on a warrant for battery.
* Derek James Gault, 26, of Hickory Heights Road, was issued a citation for driving on suspended license second offense and improper registration.
* James Matthew Atkinson, 25, of Lynn Street, was arrested on charges of no operator’s second offense, improper registration, no insurance, expired MVI and defective equipment.
* Robert Allen Nickols, 41, of Butler Street, was issued a citation for possession of marijuana
* David Michael Atkinson Jr., 29, of Butler Street, was issued a citation for possession of marijuana.
* Scott Keith Richards, 33, of Green Meadow Drive, was arrested on charge of strangulation.
* Martin Lyle Polan, 38, of Odell Lane, was arrested on charges of aggravated DUI, reckless driving and prohibited ATV on road or highway. The passenger on the ATV Kimberly Dawn Polan, 37, of Odell Lane, was arrested on charges of public intoxication and obstructing an officer.
* Joshua Scott Rollins, 36, of Riser Ridge Road, was issued a citation for expired registration.
* Roger Lee Tanner Jr., 43, of Florence Street, Belpre, was issued a citation for driving on suspended or revoked operator’s.
MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Oct. 15.
* Sgt. Parks was dispatched to 17997 State Route 26, Reno, Ohio, along with the Little Muskingum Fire Department, in reference to a vehicle at that location being on fire. The vehicle, a 2002 Jeep Liberty, appeared to be a total loss.
* Deputy Carr and Deputy Brown responded to 1024 McNeal Road, Waterford, along with the Beverly-Waterford, Watertown, and L-A Fire Departments. The barn at that location was fully engulfed in flames and a total loss.
* Deputy Young along with Deputy J McConnell responded to Warren Township to a report of a lost or possible stolen license late This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy J. McConnell and Deputy Young responded to Salem Township in reference to two male subjects involved in an altercation. Both subjects refused to have charges filed.
* Deputy Huffer completed a private property accident report where an individual had struck a pole at the Lowell Dollar General. Disabling heavy damage was done to the Toyota Sequoia.
* The Washington County Jail received a warrant for the arrest of Mitchell Lee Erb from the Pleasants County Magistrate Court. Deputy Gainer compared the information in the warrant with the information given at the time of booking and found that Erb, 32, 811 Pioneer Comm. Road, St. Marys, a current inmate, was the same individual wanted on the warrant. Gainer filed fugitive from justice charges on Erb.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Oct. 12 and 15 on charges.
* Dashan Lamar Young, 42, 1090 Hilton Drive, Reynoldsburg, Ohio, trafficking in drugs, 2 counts, both felonies.
* Roger William Burkhart, 33, Super 8 Hotel, Marietta, probation violation, a felony.
* Michael Shawn Williams, 42, 240 Hillcrest Drive, Apt. 71, Marietta, possession of drugs, a felony.
* Joshua Eric Burkhart, 30, homeless, parole violation, a felony.
* Sarah Marie Lightner, 36, 693 Wynncrest Drive, Fleming, Ohio, theft (2 counts), assault, endangering children, domestic violence, and breach of recognizance, all misdemeanors.
* Cassandra Rebecca Gail Buser, 27, 913 Harmar Street, Marietta, criminal trespass, misdemeanor.
* George Nicholas Parsons, 44, 373 Rocky Road, Grantsville, W.Va., driving under the influence, no operator’s license, no seatbelt, all misdemeanors, failure to comply with an officer and fugitive from justice, both felonies.
* Anthony Trent Hill, 29, 21154 Patten Mills Road, Bartlett, Ohio, 2 counts domestic violence, and probation violation, all misdemeanors.
* Uriah Gregg, 20, 9560 Crews Lane, Chesterhill, Ohio, theft and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
* Jessica Marie Biehl, 23, 129 Arrow Drive, Marietta, driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, failure to control, hit skip, and resisting arrest, all misdemeanors.
ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Oct. 16:
* On Oct. 15, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Elm Rock Road on a report of assault. A report on the incident was taken and an investigation is ongoing.
* On Oct. 15, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to E. Copeland Road in reference to a stolen four-wheeler. Upon arrival, it was determined the suspects had forced entry into a barn and only took the four-wheeler. The four-wheeler is a high-performance four-wheeler with a very loud exhaust and equipped for racing. It has been heard in the Sharps Run Road area. If anyone has information on the four-wheeler or observes it in the Stewart areas of Sharps Run Road/New England Road/ East Copeland Road contact the ACSO.
* On Oct. 15, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Scenic Lane for a report of arson. Deputies were advised that home owner called 9-1-1 after a female came to their residence. When the female left, they observed a Power Wheels Toy on fire. Deputies arrived on scene and photographed the scene. Deputies collected evidence and contacted the State Fire Marshal’s Office. Case remains active.
* On Oct. 15, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Goose Run Road for a report of a suspicious piece of equipment found half buried in a creek. Deputies took photographs of the skid steer and the identifying information. At this time, there is no information indicating any foul play or an issue of it being stolen. The case was closed pending further investigative information.
PARKERSBURG — The Parkersburg Police Department released the following reports Oct. 16:
* The Parkersburg Police Department responded to 98 calls for service.
* Officers responded to Go-Mart on Camden Avenue in reference to a gas drive off.
* Officers responded to PPD Headquarters in reference to a stolen vehicle.
* Officers responded to East 12th Street in reference to a burglary that already occurred.
* Officers responded to PPD Headquarters in reference to a stolen registration plate.
* Officers responded to Virginia Avenue in reference to a larceny.
* Officers responded to Shell Gas Station on Division Street in reference to a petit larceny.
* Officers responded to Central Avenue in reference to a stolen utility trailer.
* Officers investigated 10 motor vehicle accidents.