On the Record
PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court released the following reports Aug. 7:
* Travis Lee Swiger, 34, care of 12 Holden St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to obstructing and was sentenced to 10 hours in jail already served and assessed $210.25 in fines and court costs.
* Garry Lee Mackey, 53, of 608 Lulu St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was assessed $160.25 in court costs. A charge of public intoxication was dismissed as part of a plea agreement.
* Alen Dougless Stull, 40, of 1102 1/2 24th St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of truancy and was assessed $210.25 in fines and court costs.
* Shawn Barry Lemon, 43, of 892 Radcliff Run Road, Mineral Wells, pleaded guilty to driving under the influence and was sentenced to 9 hours, 51 minutes in jail, already served. He was assessed $335.25 in fines and court costs, and a charge of failure to appear was dismissed.
* A motion was granted to dismiss charges of obstructing and shoplifting against Jon Misha Thomas, 29, of 2309 Belmont Road, Parkersburg, who is going to prison until 2022 on a probation violation. The merchandise was recovered by the victim, according to court documents.
* A charge of domestic assault was dismissed without prejudice against Richard Michael Conant, 32, of Parkersburg because the alleged victim did not appear for court.
* Charges of expired registration and no proof of insurance were dismissed against Brian Keith Bonnell, 38, of 347 East Pine St., Davisville, after he got a new registration and provided proof of insurance coverage.
* Alex Michael Modesitt, 22, of 2200 11th Ave., Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of grand larceny and conspiracy and held on a $15,000 bond.
* A charge of domestic battery was dismissed against Adam Corey Abbott, 28, of Belpre, on a verbal motion from the alleged victim.
* Keysha Nicole Church, 27, of 13 Spruce St., Elizabeth, pleaded guilty to second-offense shoplifting and was assessed $438.17 in fines, court costs and restitution. She also pleaded guilty to obstruction and was sentenced to 15 days in jail, already served, and assessed $160.25 in court costs.
* James Clifton Bailey, 36, of Parkersburg, was sentenced to six months and 90 days, to be served concurrently, after not reporting to home confinement as required by a previous sentence on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.
* Benjamin Allen Shaffer, 31, of 819 Brentwood Drive, Belpre, pleaded guilty to second-offense driving on a license revoked for DUI and was assessed $1,160.25 and sentenced to home confinement. A charge of third-offense driving on a license revoked for DUI was dismissed as part of a plea agreement.
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Aug. 7:
* On July 3, Deputy Parks was dispatched to 270 Walnut Drive, Whipple, Ohio, to meet with subjects regarding a possible domestic. After speaking with all parties involved, Ashley Michelle Neader, 28, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* On July 30, Deputy Parks requested a summons be issued through Marietta Municipal Court for not obeying traffic control devices to Roxanne Victoria Murphy, 19, 4402 School House Road, Little Hocking.
* On July 30, Deputy White was conducting a security check at the Washington County Jail when it was determined that Christopher Turpin had made a kicking motion toward Eric Lee Harmon. At that time Harmon slapped Turpin on the left side of his face. Charges of assault are being filed on Harmon, 28, 1213 Wyatt Lane, Apt. N, Belpre, through Marietta Municipal Court.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Monday and Tuesday:
* Eric Todd Kendall, 42, 220 Spring St., Marietta, for theft, two counts, and failure to appear, misdemeanors.
* Brandon Emery Williams, 31, 105 Florence St., Apt. A, Belpre, assault, misdemeanor.
* Chase Luther W. Simmons, 33, 401 Lancaster St., Apt. 3, Marietta, two counts possession of drugs and parole violation, all felonies.
* Casey Charles Lehew, 33, 3415 Hudson St., Marietta, theft and obstructing official business, misdemeanors.
ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Aug. 7:
* On Aug. 6, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office filled out a trespass complaint for a resident on Jacksonville Road. The caller requested a female be notified not to return to his residence. A message was delivered to the subject and was told not to return.
* On Aug. 6, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Mill School Road for a report of an abandoned vehicle blocking the driveway to a piece of property. Deputies confirmed with the property owner that he requested the vehicle be tagged for a tow. The vehicle was tagged and approved for tow.
* On Aug. 6, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a complaint on Sycamore Street. While investigating the complaint deputies made contact with a father who has a protection order against his son, Michael Taylor. Michael Taylor was observed on the property and later arrested for a protection order violation. Taylor was transported to SEORJ without incident.