On the Record
PARKERSBURG — The following case appeared in Wood County Circuit Court on Aug. 6
* Jason Matthew Lewis, 46, pleaded guilty Monday to a misdemeanor charge of possession of a controlled substance. He was sentenced to time served of 274 days and was assessed $162 in court costs.
PARKERSBURG — The following cases appeared in Wood County Magistrate Court on Aug. 6:
* Jessica Robin Andrews, 30, 1200 55th St., Vienna, was arraigned on charges of reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident and failure to maintain control and was released on $1,500 bond.
* Corey Frank Bonar, 30, 447 Ranis Road, Belleville, was arraigned on charges of second-offense driving under the influence, second-offense driving under suspension and possession of a controlled substance and bond was set at $1,500.
* Ashley M. Waggoner, 24, 98 Boaz Gardens Drive, Apt. 35, Williamstown, was arraigned on a charge of third-offense driving under suspension and was released on $500 bond.
* James Kenneth Perine, 79, 170 Pleasant Ridge Road, Marietta, was arraigned on a DUI charge and was released on $1,500 bond.
* Ashley Nichole Moore, 26, 111 West Montgomery St., Lot 10, Marietta, pleaded guilty to obstructing, was sentenced to time served and was assessed $160.25 in court costs.
* Gary Wayne Harbison, 50, 1314 Spring St., Apt. 4, Parkersburg, waived a preliminary hearing on two counts of delivery of a controlled substance and the case was bound over to Wood County Circuit Court.
* Phillip Andrew Ray, 19, 241 Covert St., Apt. 4, Parkersburg, waived a preliminary hearing on two counts of first-degree sexual abuse and the case was bound over to Wood County Circuit Court.
* Eric Hampton Stevens, 35, 51 Ridgewood Drive, Williamstown, waived a preliminary hearing on a charge of possession of a controlled substance and the case was bound over to Wood County Circuit Court.
* Ronnna Lee Hoffman, 57, 1107 Division St., Parkersburg, had a breaking and entering charge dismissed.
PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Aug. 6:
* On Aug. 2, Spring D. Thorn, 48, of Dry Run Road, was arrested on a warrant for false swearing.
* On Aug. 3, David Riley Chatfield, 42, of Worthington Lane, was arrested on a charge of fugitive from justice issued out of Erie County, Pa.
* On Aug. 3, John Eric Renforth, 26, of Maple Avenue, Dillonvale, Ohio, was arrested on a warrant for destruction of property issued out of Brooke County, W.Va.
* On Aug. 4, Tiffany Lynn Welch, 31, of Rayon Drive, was arrested on a warrant for violation of a domestic violence protective order.
* On Aug. 4, Dalton Clay Hayes, 20, of Pine Ridge Road, Fleming, was arrested on a charge of first-offense driving under the influence.
* On Aug. 4, Timothy Paul Lewis, 46, of Staunton Avenue, was issued a citation for driving under suspension, no insurance and improper registration.
* On Aug. 5, Adam Michael Petty, 38, of Staunton Turnpike, was issued a citation for expired registration and no proof of insurance.
* On Aug. 5, Courtney Nicole Thompson, 32, of Tracewell Avenue, was arrested on a fourth capias warrant for possession and bond was set at $4,000 following arraignment.
* On Aug. 5, Kayla Ranee Ayers, 29, of Kings Row Court, was arrested on charges of domestic battery, unlawful restraint and obstructing. Brittany Marie Ayers, 27, of Dillaway Street, was arrested on a warrant for domestic battery.
* On Aug. 5, Codey Gage Bettinger, 20, of Poplar Lane, Marietta, was cited on a charge of no insurance.
* On Aug. 5, Jessie Charles Waggoner, 37, of Sixth Avenue, was cited on a charge of possession of a controlled substance and arrested on a warrant for domestic battery.
* On Aug. 5, James Kenneth Perine, 79, of Pleasant Ridge Road, Marietta, was arrested on a DUI charge.
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Aug. 6:
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Friday and Monday:
* Waylon Franklin McCune, 44, of Belpre, domestic violence, a felony.
* Gary Michael Kauff, 36, of Middleport, Ohio, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Isaac Thomas Roush, 23, 7199 Veto Road, Belpre, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Timothy Francis Eugene Blake, 37, 47230 SR 7, New Matamoras, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Brooke Michele Miller, 45, of Belpre, domestic violence, a felony, and aggravated menacing a misdemeanor.
* Pete Lee Groesser, 44, 9716 Silny Road, Interlochen, Mich., attempted rape, a felony.
* Sunshine Louise Chapa, 34, 106 Becker Lane, Marietta, possession of drugs, a felony, failure to reinstate, criminal trespass, theft, and breach of recognizance, misdemeanors.
* Jason Lee Bartimus, 42, of Vincent, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Ishmael Jeffrey Smith, 55, of Little Hocking, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Tricia Ann Walker, 33, 708 Front Street, Apt. 19, Marietta, driving under suspension, theft and breach of recognizance, misdemeanors.
* Cole Mitchell Okey, 25, 5330 Lowell Hill Road, Lowell, driving while under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor.
* Eric Todd Kendall, 42, 220 Spring Street, Marietta, contempt, and theft, both misdemeanors.
* Victor Branham Whittekind, 30, of Marietta, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Aug. 6:
* On Aug. 5, the Criminal Interdiction Unit made contact with two suspicious males on Radford Road. After confirming their information Ernest Hudnall was placed under arrest pursuant to an active warrant out of Athens County. Hudnall was transported to the Regional Jail without incident.
* On Aug. 3, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to The Plains for a possible drug overdose. The caller reported they saw two subjects slumped over in a parked car. Deputies made contact with the suspect vehicle. Both subjects advised they were only sleeping and denied medical treatment. Suspected drug abuse materials were collected for testing and the possible presentation of criminal charges at a later date.
* On Aug. 3, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a series of vehicle break-ins in the Hebbardsville Road/Wood Road/SR-681, Albany area. Upon deputies taken reports of break-ins, deputies were also able to make contact with a suspicious vehicle at the intersection of Chase Road/Sandusky Road intersection. Upon further investigation it was determined the driver was one of the two male subjects that had committed the break-ins. The vehicle was seized and a search warrant was obtained for the vehicle, where confirmed stolen items were taken by victims that had already called in, as well as a weapon and narcotics. Later in the shift, the second male subject who later admitted to breaking into the vehicles, was found at Ray’s Harvest House and taken into custody. Both male subjects were found and charged within a few hours of the initial call coming in. The Athens County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind citizens to be sure to lock vehicles at night and make every attempt possible not to leave any valuable items inside a vehicle.
* On Aug. 3, a female on Hebbardsville Road reported that the previous night someone had gotten into her car and stolen a bag containing her work supplies.
* On Aug. 3, a resident of Lehoe Road in Guysville reports that the battery was stolen out of his 1995 Chevy Truck.
* On Aug. 4, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Hawk Road for a report of theft and property damage. Deputies spoke with a complainant who stated he had his property surveyed, and that after the survey someone had come onto his property and damaged several survey stakes. Some of the stakes were taken. Deputies and the complainant determined that a group of children had removed and damaged the property. Deputies located the parents of the children and gave the information to the complainant to handle this civilly.
* On Aug. 4, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report of tools being stolen from a vehicle. The caller stated his vehicle was parked on a pull off along Route 50 when the tools were taken.
* On Aug. 5, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office dispatched to Vore Ridge Road for a report of attempted breaking and entering. Upon arrival to the residence, a neighbor stated they were watching the property and that a female was seen attempting to gain entry by kicking in the door. Due to the description given of the suspect, deputies were able to locate the female. Charges are pending. Also, while on scene, contact was made with Daniel Whipple Jr. It was learned that he had active warrants for his arrest. He was taken into custody without incident.
* On Aug. 5, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report of grand theft auto from Akron Avenue in Buchtel. Deputies were advised that a teal 1997 Jeep bearing Ohio registration HFC7685 was used unauthorized. The Jeep is described as having a black aftermarket bumper with two lights, a black top and aluminum wheels with over-sized tires. The Jeep may be traveling to Florida possibly pulling a camper trailer. If anyone has information regarding the whereabouts of this vehicle, contact Deputy McCollister at 740-566-4344.
BELPRE — The Belpre Police Department released the following reports on Aug. 6.
* Mickey J. Simmons was arrested on warrants out of Belpre Mayor’s Court. Simmons was charged with illegally discharging fireworks, obstructing official business and allowing his dog to run at large.
* Natasha N. Staats, 31, Parkersburg, was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
* Evan A. Stewart, 20, Vienna, was cited for driving without a license- motorcycle endorsement.
* Brooke M. Miller, 45, Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence and aggravated menacing. Miller was transported to the Washington County Jail.
* Timothy W. Snyder, 37, Vincent, was cited for driving under suspension.
* Daniel J. Parisi, 39, of Watchung, N.J., was cited for speeding, 73 mph in a 50 mph zone.
* Rebecca S. Nelson, 39, Parkersburg, was cited for expired registration.
* Misty N. Allman, 26, Parkersburg, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana.
* John T. Buchanan, 31, Washington, W.Va., was arrested for OVI, driving under suspension, failure to drive in marked lanes, possessing drug abuse instruments, possession of marijuana and possession of drug parahernalia.
* Christopher P. Peters, 42, Parkersburg, was cited for driving under suspension and for expired registration.
WILLIAMSTOWN — The Williamstown Police Department released the following reports Aug. 6:
* Kenneth A. Walters, 31, of Lowell, was cited on charges of having an open container of alcohol and public intoxication on Highland Avenue.
* Geoff A. Urbaniak, 29, of Marietta, was cited on charges of having an open container of alcohol and public intoxication on Highland Avenue.
* Michael A. Devore, 32, of Vienna, was cited on a charge of expired motor vehicle inspection on Highland Avenue.
* Officers responded to a report of an unresponsive male in Room 256 at the Sunshine Lodge off of Highland Avenue. Stephen Chadwick Sellers, 40, of Williamstown, was charged with possession of controlled substances and arrested on a felony capias warrant on a grand larceny charge out of Parkersburg. Officers recovered needles, scales and a small amount of suspected controlled substances. Sellers was transported for medical clearance and then placed in the Wood County Holding Center pending his arraignment at Wood County Magistrate Court.
* Donald Lassiter, 52, of Williamstown, was cited for no operator’s license and improper registration on Second Street.
* Ashley Wilson, 28, of Parkersburg, was arrested on charges of public intoxication and obstructing following an incident at the Beachcomber off of Highland Avenue. Wilson was allegedly causing a disturbance in the parking lot and upon officers arriving was sent away in a taxi. Wilson was observed returning on foot to the area of the incident and was taken into custody. Wilson was transported for medical clearance and then placed in the Wood County Holding Center pending her arraignment at Wood County Magistrate Court.
* Lane Hughes, 21, of Ravenswood, was cited on a charge of speeding, 41 mph in a 25 mph zone, on Highland Avenue.
* Audra S. Linton, 24, of Belpre, was cited for speeding, 48 mph in a 35 mph zone, on West Third Street.
* Tyler Rutland, 23, of Vienna, was cited on charges of improper registration and no insurance on West Third Street.