On the Record
PARKERSBURG — On July 24 the following reports were released by Wood County Magistrate Court:
* Donald Ray Harding Jr., 31, 96 Lucille Lane, Lot 75, Washington, W.Va., was arraigned on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a controlled substance, hydrocodone; possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine; possession of a controlled substance, marijuana; no insurance; expired motor vehicle inspection and expired registration and was released on a $5,000 surety bond.
* Michael E. Sisco, 38, Marietta, pleaded guilty to a trespassing charge and was assessed $160.25 in court fees. He was arraigned on a domestic battery charge and was released on a $2,000 surety bond.
* Vance Edward Cross Jr., 37, 659 13th St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on a battery charge and was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Davonic J. Mitchell, 25, 1017 George St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on a citation for driving on a suspended or revoked license for DUI citation and was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Hope Ann Kimble-Lockhart, 22, 2512 Fourth Ave., Vienna, pleaded no contest to charges of providing false information to the state police and possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine, and was assessed $370.50 in fines and court fees. A second charge of possession of a controlled substance was dismissed as part of the plea agreement.
* Matthew Frank Windland, 34, 2024 17th St., Apt. 3, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of disorderly conduct, was sentenced to two hours and 25 minutes served and was assessed $160.25 in fines and court fees.
* Amanda Noel Rinehart, 31, 33 Knight Lane, Big Bend, pleaded guilty to a charge of possession of a controlled substance, was sentenced to 90 days in jail suspended for one year probation and was assessed $180.25 in fines and court fees. A second charge of possession of a controlled substance was dismissed as part of the plea agreement.
* John David Barnette, 49, 33 Fairway Acres, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a DUI charge, was sentenced to eight hours and 55 minutes served and was assessed $335.25 in fines and court fees. Charges of speeding, 55 mph in a 45 mph zone, and driving to the left of the roadway, were dismissed in the plea agreement.
* A charge of shoplifting against Christopher Todd Smith, 46, 3210 25th St., Apt. C, Parkersburg, was dismissed because he paid restitution and the state does not wish to prosecute.
* Charges of accident causing damage, striking a fixture, failure to report an accident and driving too fast for roadway conditions against Adam Michael Wells, 28, 224 Fay Ave., Marietta, were dismissed because the charges are more than two years old and no papers were served.
* Charges of obstructing an officer and possession of a controlled substance against Ashley Nicole Hall, 29, 822 Belrock Ave., Apt. 8, Belpre, were dismissed with prejudice because the officer in the case did not appear.
PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports July 24:
* Robert Patrick Dennis, 23, of Ash Street, Williamstown, turned himself in on a warrant for violation of a protective order. He was arraigned and released on a $1,000 surety bond.
* Toni Dolly Walker-Fankhauser, 28, of Hill Street, was served with a capias for grand larceny. She was arraigned and re-confined after failing to post a $5,000 cash only bond.
* Kristie May Clegg, 19, of DeVaughn Road, Walker, was arrested on a warrant for receiving/transferring stolen goods.
* Duane J. Burge, 36, of Pike Street, was issued a citation for no insurance.
* Daniel Trevor Dewitt, 37, of Dutch Ridge Road, was arrested on a warrant for battery. He was processed and placed pending his arraignment.
* Paige R. Dunn, 23, of Moore Avenue, was issued a citation for fraudulent motor vehicle inspection.
* Kimberly A. Nutter, 57, of Maple Shades Court, was issued a citation for expired motor vehicle inspection.
* Thomas Edward Green, 55, of Nicolette Road, was arrested on a felony indictment for possession with intent and conspiracy.
* Larry Paul Gross, 49, of Happy Valley Road, was issued a citation for expired motor vehicle inspection and no proof of insurance and was arrested on a warrant for third-offense shoplifting.
* April Ann Ellis, 43, of Meadowbrook Acres, was arrested on four capias warrants for shoplifting. She was processed, arraigned and re-confined to the Wood County Holding Center after she failed to post bond.
* Wesley V. Balser, 56, of South Sixth Street, was issued a citation for fraudulent motor vehicle inspection.
* Christopher Michael Meadows, 25, of Deerwalk Highway, was arrested on a warrant for destruction of property. He was processed and released on a personal recognizance bond.
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports July 23:
* On July 17. Deputy A. McConnell began an investigation regarding mail received from “Local Records Office.” The letter enclosed requested money be mailed to their office to “complete a property profile.” Some discrepancies were noticed on the paperwork including the individual’s address. This case remains under investigation.
* On July 17, Deputy Johnson responded to Federal Road, Little Hocking, to meet with numerous victims of thefts from vehicles in this area. This case remains under investigation.
* On July 17, Deputy A. McConnell along with the Reno Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene of an unresponsive male.
* On July 17, Deputy Metts responded to 1721 Milner Road, Waterford, regarding an attempted burglary at that location. This case remains under investigation.
* On July 18, Sinda Dyer, 27400 State Route 7, Marietta, reported a license plate missing from her vehicle.
* On July 18, Sgt. Johnson responded to Milton Road, Marietta, to a report of a domestic dispute involving Phillip Hughes against Thomas A. Hughes. Johnson observed Phillip C. Hughes walking in an an aggressive manner. Phillip Hughes approached Johnson screaming and calling him names. Hughes appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and/or other substances. It was reported that Phillip Hughes had pushed and attempted to strike Thomas Hughes. Johnson placed Phillip Conrad Hughes, 32, under arrest for domestic violence and transported him to the Washington County Jail.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Friday and Monday:
* Dalton Matthew Ball, 20, 6600 McMannis Riggs Road, Beverly, for assault, a misdemeanor.
* William Eldon Umphries Jr., 37, Chillicothe, assault and violation of protection order, both misdemeanor.
* Robert Edward Baker, 50, 706 Center Street, Beverly, for driving under suspension, driving under the influence of alcohol, turn and stop signals and time for lighted lights on motor vehicles, all misdemeanors.
* Matthew Scott Reynolds, 27, Marietta, for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Ares Matthew Nelson Harlan, 30, 253 Monroe Avenue, New Martinsville, for drug paraphernalia, possessing drug abuse instruments, theft and breach of recognizance, all misdemeanors.
* Lorne William Bonertz, 55, 260 Putnam Street, Marietta, for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors.
* Kenneth Ray Rogers, 31, 801 1/2 Front Street, Marietta, for aggravated menacing, criminal damaging/endangering and drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
* Natasha Marie Salyer, 27, 3569 Veto Road, Vincent, for nonsupport of dependents, theft, possessing drug abuse instruments and illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
* Jeffrey Lee Ingram, 38, Belpre, for domestic violence, a felony.
* Jennifer Marie Kapsha, 33, 111 W. Spring Street, Apt. B, Marietta, for theft, a felony.
MARIETTA — On July 24 the Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
* Deputy Schwendeman responded to Warren Township to a report of mailboxes being damaged in the area of Grindstone Drive. This case remains under investigation
* Deputy Brown was advised of an assault that occurred in the Washington County Jail. Deputy Brown spoke with the victim, Samantha Lemon, who stated inmate Alicia Miller had put her hands around her throat pushing her back against a desk. In speaking with Miller she told police she became irate with Lemon who was allegedly making inappropriate statements. A charge of assault is being filed on Alicia Dawn Miller, 34, 9534 N. Ohio 60, McConnelsville, Ohio.
* Deputy Metts met with Debbie Beardmore, Waterford, in reference to items stolen from her garden to include solar humming bird lamp, angel and wind chimes. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy Jones responded to Ohio 821 to the James Corder residence. Corder received burns from a propane tank while cutting the tank open. No foul play is suspected.
* Deputy Jones responded to Barlow Township to the Rocky Point Road area to investigate mailboxes being damaged. A total of 23 victims were located. This case remains under investigation.
The following subjects were recently sentenced in Washington County Common Pleas Court:
* Kyle Casey Morrison, 22, 501 32nd St., Parkersburg, assault, fifth-degree felony, and disrupting public service, fourth-degree felony; Orient, 11 months and seven months concurrent.
* Timothy Matthew Ryan, 28, 115 Byers Road, Marietta, criminal damaging, first-degree misdemeanor; county jail 104 days.
The following subject was processed into the Washington County Jail:
* Megan Leigh Rose, 46, 453 Malzern Road, Akron, Ohio, on a warrant for criminal damaging and assault, misdemeanors.
WILLIAMSTOWN — The Williamstown Police Department released the following reports July 24:
* Amanda S. Boso, 33, Vienna, was cited on a charge of speeding, 40 mph in a 25 mph zone, on Highland Avenue.
* John Geary II, 43, Parkersburg, was cited on a charge of expired registration on Highland Avenue.
* Larry Clayton, 46, Montrose, Ga., reported his 2016 Ford F250 as well as his cell phone and cash were stolen from the parking lot of the Sunshine Lodge by a female suspect known to him. The incident remains under investigation.
* James E. Wells, 25, Parkersburg, was cited on a charge of speeding, 57 mph in a 45 mph zone, on W.Va. 14.
* Marcus Jordan, 28, Williamstown, was cited on charges of expired registration, expired motor vehicle inspection, no insurance and a window tint violation on Highland Avenue.
* Officers served a domestic violence restraining order in the 400 block of Henderson Avenue.
* Officers responded to a domestic dispute in the 1100 block of Highland Avenue. No physical violence was reported and one of the parties agreed to stay at another location for the night.
* Megan Warner, 23, Lowell, turned herself in on a warrant charging her with child abuse with risk of injury (misdemeanor) as a result of an investigation reported earlier this month following an incident at the Williamstown Pool. Warner was arraigned at Wood County Magistrate and released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Michael E. Sisco, 38, Marietta, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery at the Beachcomber after he allegedly struck his stepfather in the face. Sisco was placed in the Wood County Holding Center pending his arraignment at Wood County Magistrate Court.