On the Record
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports July 16:
* Deputy Jones began an investigation in Newport Township in reference to identity fraud. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy Johnson and the Warren Township Volunteer Fire Department responded to Blue Knob Road to an area rented by Thermo Fisher. Prior to Johnson arriving, the fire had been extinguished. The fire was at a gazebo, “smoke shack” on the property. The gazebo was destroyed.
* Zachary Kaleb Smith, 19334 Ohio 550, Marietta, reported damage done to a door at his residence. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy A. McConnell was dispatched to 257 Minch Road, Lowell, regarding Ian Cicciarelli reporting he was assaulted by Timothy Lutzen. Cicciarelli stated the incident occurred at 7040 Ohio 821, where he was staying. After speaking with all parties it was determined this was a fight between the two subjects. A summons is being requested for Ian Andrew Cicciarelli, 25, and Timothy Michael Lutzen, 36, for disorderly conduct by fighting.
* On July 13, Deputy Schwendeman issued a citation to Kathleen Dickson, 22 Hickory Drive, Little Hocking, for speeding, 72 mph in a 60 mph zone.
The following individual was recently sentenced in Washington County Common Pleas Court:
* Mason Andrew Nelson, 30, 540 King Ave., Cutler, cultivation marijuana, 30 months, Orient.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Friday and Monday:
* Ruth Elizabeth Thrasher, 60, Marietta, for domestic violence.
* Brittany Marie Karcher, 31, 240 Hillcrest Drive, Apt. 66, Marietta, for failure to appear and two counts theft.
* Kenneth Ewing Tilton, 48, Lowell, for domestic violence.
* Jennie Iona Tranter, 39, Main Street, Lowell, for driving under suspension, fictitious plates, vehicle trespass, and possessing drug abuse instruments.
* Carolyn Jill Hornish, 32, 1406 20th St., Parkersburg, for two counts of failure to appear.
* Beth Ann Lantz, 36, 23380 Dixon Road, Coolville, for fictitious plates, driving under suspension, and failure to display.
* Rex Allen Mowery, 54, 815 Fifth St., Marietta, for disorderly conduct.
MARIETTA — On July 17 the following reports were released by Washington County Sheriff’s Department:
* Deputy Hall met with Joshua Schaad, 409 Camp Hervida Road, Waterford, who reported a wallet and contents missing from his belongings. This case remains under investigation.
* Lt. Hunter and Sgt. Holbert were dispatched to 38 Townhall Road, Marietta, in reference to an incident of domestic violence. Kenneth Tilton reported he and his girlfriend, Ruth E. Thrasher, were in an argument over how Thrasher mowed the lawn. Tilton stated the argument escalated to Thrasher pushing Tilton and kicking him. Thrasher stated she did kick Tilton, but he started the fight first by pushing her. Kenneth Ewing Tilton, 48, and Ruth E. Thrasher, 60, were placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* Deputy Schwendeman responded to 260 Greenbrier Circle, Marietta, to meet with Cheryl D. Warner, who stated she had been assaulted. Through an investigation Schwendeman learned Warner had entered a home uninvited and was being escorted out of the residence by subjects living there. Warner, 64, will be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of disorderly conduct.
* Deputy Zide met with Par Mar employees who reported items shoplifted from the business.
* Deputy Metts responded to Dollar General, Watertown, in reference to a theft complaint.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Monday and Tuesday:
* Cory Douglas Conner, 35, 2881 Westland Road, Stockport, for probation violation.
* Tavaris Kquintez Williams, 29, 1319 Henrico Road, Conley, Ga., for kidnapping and theft.
* Tyler James Boothby, 24, 144 Washington St., Marietta, for possessing drug abuse instruments, obstructing official business, and drug paraphernalia.
* David Jason Holcomb, 43, 1 Oak St., Pomeroy, for driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
* Jack Eugene Morrison, 68, 753 Glendale Road, Marietta, for driving under OVI suspension and expired plates.
* Stephen Patrick Anderson, 60, 759 Oak Grove Road, Walker, for failure to appear.
* Andrea Lee Sees, 25, 1210 Laird Ave., Parkersburg, for probation violation.
* Robert Lee Trout, 40, 3036 17th St., S.W., Canton, for nonsupport of dependents.
ATHENS, Ohio — On July 17 the following reports were released by Athens County Sheriff’s Department:
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit was able to locate three males with warrants on Elliotsville Road. Thomas Reasoner, Paul Duff and Dale Queen were taken into custody and transported to the South East Ohio Regional Jail.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Ohio 13 for a report of a landlord-tenant dispute. The caller said they wanted to separate themselves from a verbal dispute and were being told they were evicted from the house. Deputies were able to determine no eviction had been served through the court system. Both parties were told tenancy would remain intact pending an intervention from the court system. Parties separated for the evening.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to Akron Avenue for a suspicious person. Deputies made contact with the complainant who said an ex-boyfriend of hers was knocking on the door and calling and leaving her messages on her phone. The male had left the scene prior to deputies arriving. Units patrolled the area with negative contact.