On the Record
PARKERSBURG — The following cases appeared in Wood County Magistrate Court on July 10:
* Herbert M. Boyles, 39, 501 32nd St., Lot 3A, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of abuse of an incapacitated person and bond was set at $60,000.
* Christina Boyles, 40, 501 32nd St., Lot 3A, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of abuse of an incapacitated person and bond was set at $20,000.
* Derick Allen Riel, 24, 10 Honeysuckle Road, Davisville, pleaded guilty to first-offense driving under the influence and was assessed $335.25 in fines and court costs. He was arraigned on charges of driving under suspension, no insurance, speeding and no proof of registration and was released on $2,000 bond.
* Corey Devin Dolin, 22, 1201 Ninth St., Apt. 11, Vienna, pleaded guilty to shoplifting and was assessed $170.25 in fines and court costs and $205.76 in civil penalties.
* Kristopher Robert Merry, 34, 3901 Second Ave., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to third-offense public intoxication and was assessed $165.25 in fines and court costs.
* Anthony C. Smith, 33, 893 Dry Run Road, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to driving under suspension and was assessed $260.25 in fines and court costs. He also pleaded guilty to possession of counterfeit currency with intent to deliver, was sentenced to six months jail suspended for one year of probation and was assessed $210.25 in fines and court costs.
* Todd Slocum Wetzel, 52, 3104 Eighth Ave., Vienna, pleaded guilty to driving impaired, was sentenced to time served and was assessed $335.25 in fines and court costs.
* Wayne Shelton Harper, 47, 58 Steele Hollow Road, Spencer, pleaded no contest to duty to give information and render aid and was assessed $180.25 in fines and court costs.
* Kaitlyn Ann Fleak, 20, 467 Pleasant Hill Church Road, Belleville, pleaded guilty to speeding in construction zone and was assessed $260.25 in fines and court costs.
* Lena Danielle-McMullen, 23, 60 Powell Drive, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to shoplifting and was assessed $170.25 in fines and court costs and $388 in civil penalties.
* Brandy Nicole Carder, 32, 601 Herning Lane, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a worthless check charge and was assessed $378.25 in fines, court costs and restitution.
* Robert Eugene Lemon, 45, 1743 Seventh St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on three counts of second-offense failure to register and was released on $3,000 bond.
* Scott Dewayne Bush, 38, 47 Elm St., Davisville, was arraigned on charges of driving under suspension and possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams and was released on $1,000 bond.
* Mark Edward Lee, 41, 694 Windy Road, Parkersburg, had no probable cause found on a strangulation charge.
* Andrea Michele Arnold, 39, 1318 St. Marys Ave., Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of possession of a controlled substance and was released on $500 bond.
* Anthony Charles Smith, 33, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to domestic battery, was sentenced to 30 days jail with credit for time served which was suspended for one year of probation and was assessed $160.25 in court costs. He also pleaded guilty to driving under suspension and was assessed $260.25 in fines and court costs.
* Robert James Florence, 34, 2694 Pettyville Road, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a possession of a controlled substance charge and was released on $1,000 bond.
* Blaine E. Waybright, 44, 903 Myrtle St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was assessed $185.25 in fines and court costs.
* Daniel Maynard Shoemaker II, 49, 117 Morningside Circle, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a strangulation charge and bond was set at $50,000.
* Eric Shane Vest, 38, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to second-offense domestic battery, was sentenced to 60 days jail with credit for time served and was assessed $210.25 in fines and court costs. He also pleaded guilty to fleeing, was sentenced to 30 days jail to be served concurrently and was assessed $210.25 in fines and court costs.
* Andrea Lee Sees, 25, 1210 Laird Ave., Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of obstructing and no operator’s license and bond was set at $1,000.
* Kiara Danielle Smith, 25, 1108 17th St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of reckless driving and worthless check and was released on $1,500 bond.
PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports July 9:
* On July 6, Matthew Donovan Bixman, 26, of City View Drive, was arrested on a warrant for violation of a protective order.
* On July 6, citations were issued to Joseph A. Barnett, 35, of Circle Avenue, Spencer, Jedidiah Daniel Stutler, 20, of Holly Drive, Elizabeth, and Melissa Lee Shroyer, 30, of Avery Street, for trespass in structure.
* On July 7, Jason Lee Hart, 35, of Beach Drive, Belpre, was cited for possession of a controlled substance.
* On July 7, Nikole Lynn Kidd, 28, of Hillcrest Drive, Marietta, was cited for possession of a controlled substance.
* On July 7, Elizabeth Ann Nutter, 37, of 24th Avenue, was arrested on five warrants for worthless checks and a capias warrant issued out of Jackson County Family Court.
* On July 7, Bobby Lee Price, 36, of 41st Street, was arrested on charges of prohibited person in possession of a firearm felony and prohibited possession of firearm-concealed.
* On July 8, David Eugene Rector II, 36, of South Street, was arrested on charges of third-offense driving under the influence.
* On July 9, Natosha Nicole Patterson, 28, of Deerwalk Highway, was issued a citation for possession of less than 15 grams of marijuana.
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports July 9:
* On June 30, Deputy Jones was dispatched to Adams Township, State Route 60, near the 18 mile marker. Kailey Viney, State Route 7, New Matamoras, Ohio, was found standing on the side of the road visibly upset, along with individuals who had stopped to help her. Viney advised Dalton Ball was her boyfriend and Ball was angry with her for breaking a head lamp in the truck. Viney tried to get a charger and Ball began to choke her with the seatbelt. Ball continued struggling with Viney until he had fled the area prior to law enforcement arriving. Deputies were unable to locate Ball at that time. Deputy Jones requested and was issued a warrant for the arrest of Dalton Matthew Ball, 20, 6600 McMannis Riggs Road, Beverly, Ohio, on a charge of assault.
* On July 1, Deputy Jones was attempting to locate Dalton Ball to place him under arrest on a warrant. Ball was allegedly travelling in a 2003 Chrysler, which was observed traveling south on State Route 339 in Waterford Township. A traffic stop was initiated on the vehicle on Main Street, Waterford, with Nicki Duncan, identified as the driver, and Larry Lang in the passenger seat. Duncan was asked to place her purse on the trunk as she exited the vehicle, and asked if she had anything illegal in her purse, in which she stated needles. A search of the purse revealed a loaded syringe Duncan stated contained heroin. Also located were scales, narcotic pipes, and additional syringes. Duncan was asked if she had anything on her person and she stated she needed to check. Duncan then removed a plastic baggie, which she stated contained meth. Also located was a small amount of suspected methamphetamine in a plastic container. Also located in the vehicle were multiple cell phones, electronics, and valuables. A toolbox on the back floor board with “Bubba Lang” written on it was found to contain multiple syringes, a white pill marked “G 31”, and syringes that contained an unknown liquid substance. Lang admitted to owning that toolbox and the narcotic instruments inside of it. Larry Travis Lang, 38, and Nikki Lee Duncan, 36, both residing at 3701 Plum Run Road, Waterford, were placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail. Lang was charged with possessing of drug abuse instruments and Duncan was charged with possessing of drug abuse instruments and possession of drugs.
* On July 1, Lt. Gherke and Sgt. Johnson were investigating an incident that occurred at 100 High Avenue, Waterford. Claudine Baker stated Robert E. Baker came to this address where he is not permitted to be, and refused to leave upon being asked to. Claudine stated that Robert wanted to talk to her and grabbed her arm in an attempt to have her get into his vehicle. Robert advised Claudine he had a gun at which time she was able to return inside the residence and keep Robert out. Deputies met with Robert who stated he went to that address but only to take Claudine mail. Robert admitted he was not to be at the property. Robert Edward Baker, 59, 3701 Plum Run Road, Waterford, was placed under arrest and charged with aggravated menacing, aggravated trespassing and domestic violence. Baker was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* On July 1, Deputy McKee responded to 18235 State Route 676 due to Kyle Oliver reporting his wife, Vanessa Richards, had assaulted him. Oliver explained that Richards had moved out of the residence several weeks prior and showed up July 1. Oliver unlocked the door as Richards was pulling on the door knob and it broke. Richards entered the residence and began to strike Oliver multiple times in the face. Deputy McKee met with Richards who denied striking Oliver, however later admitted she had because he pushed her when she tried to enter the residence. Vanessa Dawn Richards, 29, 1340 Burnfield Road, Vincent, was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing, where she was charged with domestic violence.
* On July 2, Deputy J. McConnell began an investigation in Warren Township of a dumping site. This case remains under investigation.
* On July 2, Deputy Parks responded to Par Mar, Moore’s Junction, Marietta, to take a report on stolen merchandise. This case remains under investigation.
* On July 2, a severely emaciated Boston Terrier dog was found on Goose Run Road at Lynch Church Road, Marietta. The bones in the dog’s body were protruding and the animal had no apparent muscle mass. This dog was assessed by a veterinarian and scored a 1 of 9 on the body condition scale and is believed to be around 6 years old. This dog was thoroughly examined and no underlying medical condition was found. Chrystina Rector and Rocky Allen, both of 1170 Goose Run Road, Marietta, were found to be the owners. Rector advised her dog was very sick and was dying with cancer. Rector was asked what veterinarian assessed and diagnosed this dog, and she advised her friend was kind of like a veterinarian. Rector was asked if bloodwork was taken to determine the dog had cancer and she advised it was not. Rector was asked how she could be certain the dog had cancer without going through the proper assessment with her stating she was a nurse. Rector was advised of the dog’s body condition with her stating she knew she neglected the dog by not taking it to a veterinarian. Rector stated the dog was mourning the loss of one of her other dogs that died in November. Rector further stated this dog quit eating on its own and she had tried many different things but the dog still would not eat. Rector then advised her nor had Allen provided any veterinarian care since 2012. Rector and Allen brought three more Boston Terriers outside to be viewed. These dogs were clean and in good condition. Rector stated the emaciated dog was kept inside with these dogs also. Sgt. McGilton observed a small fenced area at the back of the residence that was exposed to the direct sun, had no shelter and had a few empty and broken containers on the ground. Sgt. McGilton spoke with Allen who stated the emaciated dog ate frequently and may have eaten more than the other dogs. Allen stated the emaciated dog did get put in the outside fenced area at times. Allen was advised the inside dogs were clean while the emaciated dog was filthy. A summons is being requested for both Chrystina Rector and Rocky Allen, 1170 Goose Run Road, Marietta, for cruelty to a companion animal.
* On July 5, Deputy H. Tornes responded to 723 Third Street, Marietta, in reference to a Marietta Police Officer being bitten by the dog belonging to Kenneth Thrasher II. Deputy H. Tornes learned that while conducting official duties, Thrasher’s mixed breed Jack Russell Terrier dog ran out of the residence, onto the porch and bit the patrolman’s shin. Thrasher informed the patrolman that the dog was caught up on shots however he had no record of it. Thrasher was asked if his dog was registered and he was unsure, but later admitted the dog was not registered. Deputy H. Tornes requests a summons be issued to Kenneth Thrasher, 49, 723 Third Street, Marietta, for failing to register a dog.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Friday and Monday:
* Robert Patrick Dennis, 23, 200 Ash Street, Williamstown, violation of protection order, a misdemeanor.
* Dominick Francis Briganti, 47, 6087 Hill Street, Amsterdam, Ohio, nonsupport of dependents.
* Aaron J. Matthew Huseman, 30, 240 Hillcrest Drive, Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Sherman Lee Larrimore Jr., 36, New Matamoras, domestic violence, a felony.
* Ashlee Dawn Martin, 27, 708 Front Street, Apt. 19, Marietta, possession of drugs and driving under suspension, both misdemeanors.
* Isaiah Scott Mayle, 21, Waterford, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Edward James Thompson Jr., 34, 2065 Robinson Hill Road, Marietta, theft, a misdemeanor.
* Teia Maria Boxberger, 36, homeless, possession of drugs, a felony, and possession of drug abuse instruments, a misdemeanor.
* Celoria Pearl Simpson, 35, 325 Sandhill Road, Apartment Q, Marietta, failure to appear and criminal trespass, misdemeanors.
* Aaron Christopher Goins, 46, 9800 Goins Lane, Amesville, Ohio, aggravated menacing and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors.
* Dorothy Jean Prince, 40, 355 Greenbrier Circle, Marietta, disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
* David Franklin Davis, 49, 1495 Weppler Road, Lowell, having weapons under disability, a felony.
* Letticia Jo Boehm, 47, Marietta, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.