On the Record
PARKERSBURG — On July 6 the following reports were released by Wood County Magistrate Court:
* Daniel Wayne Smith, 33, 66 Ball School Road, Parkersburg, pleaded no contest to a DNR citation for an insufficient number of personal flotation devices and was assessed $185.25 in fines and court fees.
* Derick Wayne Hafer, 34, 335 Everson Road, Belpre, pleaded guilty to a DNR citation for an insufficient number of personal flotation devices and was assessed $185.25 in fines and court fees.
* Cheron Carene Brown, 42, 2306 Broad St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on a citation for expired registration and third-offense driving on a suspended or revoked license for miscellaneous reasons and was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Emily Nicole Dunn, 22, 573 Caroline Ave., Williamstown, was arraigned on a charge of third-offense driving on a suspended or revoked license for DUI and was released on a $5000 surety bond.
* Brittany Jo Ferrell, 32, 715 Myrtle St., Parkersburg, was arraigned on one charge of possession of a controlled substance and two charges of obstructing an officer and was released on a $1,500 surety bond,
* Eric Patrick Townsend, 38, 34 S. Park Villa, Parkersburg, was arraigned on charges of unlawful retention of a rental vehicle and grand larceny and was released on a $20,500 surety bond.
* Michael Willam Welch, 26, 647 Wood St., Apt 1, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a failure to appear warrant and is in custody in lieu of a $500 bond,
* Thomas Walter Hubbard, 33, Paden City, was arraigned on a domestic violence charge and is in custody in lieu of a $750 cash or surety bond.
* Matthew Donovan Bixman, 26, 1088 Weva Station Road, Creston, was arraigned on a charge of violation of a protective order and was released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.
* Leslie Ann Townsend, 35, 34 S. Park Villa, Parkersburg, was arraigned on warrants for procuring water or electricity with intent to defraud and destruction of property and a grand larceny charge and was released on a $20,500 surety bond.
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports and charges on July 5:
* Sgt. McGilton requested a summons be issued on a charge of failure to confine and failure to register a dangerous dog for Deane Allen Beck, 38, 111 W. Montgomery St., Lot 10, Marietta. On April 9, a white and brindle pitbull registered to Beck was designated as dangerous. On April 19 the dangerous animal designation was final and Beck was given a copy of the standards of this designation.
Beck was advised he needed to comply with the standards while handling/housing the dog from this point forward. Beck was advised on multiple occasions he needed to obtain the dangerous dog registration for this dog, which should have been done by May 19; however, he failed to obtain this registration. Beck continued to advise he needed more time or did not have the money. On June 22, Beck was again informed he needed to have this dog registered as dangerous by June 25. Beck advised that he would do so; however, he failed to complete this. On June 25, McGilton obtained a report involving Deane Beck’s dangerous dog running loose from his residence on June 14. On that date Beck’s dog attacked and injured another dog belonging to a neighbor.
* Deputy Zide with the Beverly Waterford Volunteer Fire Department responded to 816 Luke Chute Road, Waterford, to a report of a home filling with smoke. The fire was contained to the kitchen and extinguished by fire personnel. No foul play is suspected.
* A citation was issued to Ellis B. Tanner, 10300 Tanner Williams Road, Lucedale, Miss., for speeding, 66 in a 55 mph zone.
* Ariana E. Wilson, 1203 Herman Ave., Akron, was cited for driving on a suspended license.
* Deputies were dispatched to 90 Barrett South Road, Vincent, to an incident of domestic violence. Deputies met with Sarah Morris who advised her previous live-in boyfriend and father to her unborn child, James R. Andrews, had assaulted her by forcefully grabbing her by the arm and throwing her across the dining room. The investigation revealed that Andrews had left the residence on foot and attempts to locate Andrews met with negative results. Lt. Hunter requested and received a warrant for the arrest of James Ryan Andrews, 33, last known address of Barrett South Road, Vincent, for a fifth-degree felony charge of domestic violence.
* Deputy Hall responded to the 100 block of Water Street, Lowell, to a criminal mischief complaint. Patrick J. Miller, Waterford, stated he was driving south on Water Street toward the Lowell bridge when a male subject started yelling at him. Miller stated he slowed way down and the male approached the passenger side of his truck and was yelling and cursing at him to slow down. After a few minutes of Miller and the male, identified as Michael Hudson, exchanging words, Hudson struck Miller’s topper window, breaking it. A summons is being requested for Michael A. Hudson, 277 Water Street, Lowell, for criminal mischief.
* Deputy Schwendeman responded to 505 Wynncrest Drive, Marietta, to Nathan Steele reporting he was involved in a verbal argument with his wife, Jacqueline Steele. Nathan was concerned for Jacqueline’s well-being as she took off walking from the residence. Jacqueline was located walking on State Route 550. An odor of alcoholic beverage was detected about her person and her speech was slurred. Deputy Schwendman placed Jacqueline Darlene Steele, 29, under arrest for disorderly conduct by intoxication and transported her to the Washington County Jail for processing. Steele submitted to a PBT which showed a reading of .147.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between July 3 and July 5:
* Hanah Elizabeth Clark, 19, 704 Fifth St., Marietta, for tampering with evidence and obstructing justice, felonies.
* Nathan Perry Simmons, 44, 3030 Lost Pavement Road, Parkersburg, for theft and criminal trespass, misdemeanors.
* Desmond Jeff Richardson, 33, 24665 Donover Road, Warrensville Heights, Ohio, for violation of protection order, misdemeanor.
* Gina Marie Karcher, 30, 516¢ Third St., Marietta, on a warrant for aggravated possession of drugs, misdemeanor.
* Jessica Ryan English, 38, 311 Virginia St., Marietta, on a warrant for nonsupport of dependents.
* Jodi Lynn Cain, 34, 16687 Crooked Tree Road, Dexter City, for tampering with evidence and possession of drugs, felonies, and possessing drug abuse instruments, misdemeanor.
* Aaron Wesley Cain, 37, 16687 Crocked Tree Road, Dexter City, for possessing drug abuse instruments and driving under suspension, misdemeanors, and possession of drugs, felony.
* Jerad Wayne Key, 41, 1629 Cook Road, Oak Grove, La., for domestic violence, misdemeanor.
* Matthew Jerad Key, 18, 1629 Cook Road, Oak Grove, La., for offenses involving underage persons, misdemeanor.
* Sarah Marie Lightner, 36, 693 Woodcrest Drive, Marietta, for felonious assault, felony.
* Richard Carl Flood, 52, 204 Ferry St., Beverly, for telecommunications harassment and resisting arrest, misdemeanors.
* Aaron Eugene Lasure, 38, 817 Grandview Ave., New Matamoras, for two counts possessing drug abuse instruments, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, theft and criminal mischief, misdemeanors.
MARIETTA — On July 6 the Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
* Deputy H. Tornes received a report of an abandoned cat inside a residence at 7375 Dalzell Road, Whipple, Ohio. Humane Officer McIntire responded and met with a neighbor and the property owner of 7375 Dalzell Road. The owner said he rented this property to Alexis Moore, but he had not seen her for four weeks. The owner said he knew there was a cat left inside this residence and did not believe Moore would return for it. McIntire was given permission to enter the residence to retrieve the cat. Once inside the residence, McIntire observed a self-feeding food and water bowl inside the residence; however, both were empty and dry. A notice was posted of the seizure with the probable cause and bond hearing scheduled for Alexis Moore. Tornes is requesting a summons be issued to Alexis Moore, 32, 7375 Dalzell Road, Whipple, Ohio, for abandoning animals and cruelty to a companion animal.
The following warrants were recently processed at the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
* James Andrews, 90 Barrett South Road, Vincent, for domestic violence.
* Dalton M. Ball, 6600 McMannis Riggs Road, Beverly, for assault.
* Shandi R. Hamrick, 721 Ohio Ave., Belpre, for probation violation. Original charge possession of drugs.
* Shoshawna Lowers, 970 Dixon Ridge Road, Lowell, for probation violation. Original charge forgery.
* Shaquille C. Moultry, homeless, for probation violation. Original charge possession of drugs.
The following subjects were recently sentenced in Washington County Court of Common Pleas:
* Phillip Dale West Jr., 30, 3801 1/2 Harrison St., Bellaire, Ohio, for abusing harmful intoxicants, 150 days, county jail.
* Corey Enos Singer, 39, 1042 Hadley Lane, Marietta, for domestic violence and violation of protection order, 110 days, county jail.
* Joshua Cecil Poole, 30, homeless, for two counts of probation violation, 12 months, county jail.
* Joshua Eugene Marcum, 30, homeless, for illegal manufacture of drugs and illegal assembly or possession of drugs, 36 months, Orient.
* Miranda Marie Casteel, 31, 24761 Brimstone Road, Coolville, for probation violation, 30 days, county jail.
* Dustin Michael Omspach, 36, 314 Fourth St, Lowell, for trafficking in drugs and failure to comply, 180 days County Jail, STAR Program.
* Matthew James Dagnesi, 31, 304 Kenwood Street, Marietta, for aggravated trafficking in drugs, having weapons while under disability, endangering children, and possession of fentanyl, 7 years, Orient.
* Zachary Marshall Mounts, 35, 100 High Ave., Waterford, for burglary, theft, and possession of drugs, 24 months, Orient.
* Justin Alexander Simpson, 29, 309 Harmar St., Marietta, for weapons posssession under disability, third-degree felony, and receiving stolen property, 30 months, Orient.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Thursday and Friday:
* Danielle Ann Vanwey, 34, 701 Virginia St., Marietta, for theft.
* Ronald Dean Welch Jr., 48, 122 Harmar St., Marietta, for domestic violence, misdemeanor.
* Wendy Suzanne Stephens, 48, 1709 23rd Steet, Parkersburg, for drug paraphernalia, misdemeanor, and possession of drugs and illegal conveyance of weapon/drug into correctional facility, felonies.
* Rachael Bernice Campbell, 34, 5380 Johnson Ridge Road, Waterford, for theft, failure to appear, possessing drug abuse instruments, and two counts of obstructing official business, misdemeanors.
* Melissa Jean Beagle, 36, 1208 Park Ave., New Matamoras, for failure to appear and theft, misdemeanors.
* Roy Thomas Tranter, 42, 164 Forrest Way, Waverly, for fictitious plates and no operator’s license.
* Dewaine William Mayle, 30, homeless, for driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, misdemeanor.
* Jerrianne Krystal Myers, 25, homeless, for driving under suspension, drug paraphernalia, and possession of drugs, misdemeanors.
* Celoria Pearl Simpson, 35, 325 Sandhill Road, Apt. Q, Marietta, for failure to appear and criminal trespass, misdemeanors.