Wood County Board of Education to meet Tuesday, Wednesday
PARKERSBURG — The Wood County Board of Education will meet in special session to approve levy rates for 2018-19 at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the central office at 13th and Plum streets.
The meeting is open to the public, but those wishing to speak must prepare a comment card prior to the start of the meeting.
The brief meeting has only one item, the levy rates, which by state code must be approved each year by the board. Tuesday’s meeting is a continuation of the March 27 reading of the levy rates.
The meeting does include time for public comments and board comments.
The board also will have a public forum Wednesday for community members to comment on what qualities they would like to see in a new superintendent.
The session will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will last approximately two hours, though the board can extend the session if necessary. Each speaker will have about 3 minutes to address the board, but board members will not respond. All speakers are asked to bring written copies of their comments.
* What: Special session to approve levy rates.
* When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* What: Public forum for superintendent search.
* When: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
* Where: 1210 13th Street, Parkersburg.
* Meetings are open to the public, but those who wish to address the board must fill out and turn in a comment card prior to the start of the meeting.