Three face burglary charges

VIENNA – An investigation by the Vienna Police Department into a pair of burglaries resulted Saturday in the arrest of three people on felony charges.

In a press release, Vienna Police Chief George Young said the case began Aug. 25 when Vienna Police responded to 910 21st St., Vienna, in reference to a burglary that had already occurred. An investigation revealed that entry had been gained through a bedroom window and items were stolen. Vienna Police continued to investigate the incident.

About 5:41 a.m. Saturday, Young said Vienna Police responded to another call for service at the same 21st Street home in reference to a burglary in progress but located no suspects upon arrival. The investigation revealed that a basement window had been broken to the residence. The victim indicated items were stolen which included a small amount of currency, Young said.

Vienna Police investigated the incidents throughout the day, which ultimately led them to 44 Lexington Park Drive, Vienna. Upon arrival investigators searched the residence and located items belonging to the victim of the burglary, Young said.

According to investigators, Jonathan (Eric) Dye, 25, of 44 Lexington Park Drive, Melissa D. Dye, 31, of 68 Lexington Park Drive, and Michael Dye, 28, of 68 Lexington Park Drive, Vienna, were allegedly involved in the break-ins.

All three were placed under arrest. Both Melissa Dye and Michael Dye were charged with one count of nighttime burglary, a felony. Jonathan (Eric) Dye was charged with two counts of nighttime burglary, both felonies. All three suspects were booked at the Vienna Police Department and transported to Wood County Magistrate Court where they were arraigned in front of Magistrate Robin Waters.

Both Melissa Dye and Michael Dye each received a $25,000 bond. Jonathan (Eric) Dye received a $100,000.00 bond for his charges. All three were unable to post bond and remanded to the Wood County Holding Facility, to be transported to the North Central Regional Jail, Young said.

Each charge carries a possible penalty of one to 15 years in prison.