Walters indicted for murder
WEST UNION – The Doddridge County grand jury returned indictments on eight people Monday, including one for murder.
Charles Thomas Walters, 40, of Mt. Olive, was indicted for murder. The indictment charges Walters killed Daniel David Elder, age and location unavailable, between the dates of June 20-21, 2008. Additional details were not immediately available Monday.
Other indictments returned were:
* Kevin Lee Utter, 40, of Morgantown, for malicious wounding.
* Carl William Jackson, 19, of West Union, for two counts of first degree sexual abuse.
* Amy Norean Wright, 38, of Lost Creek, for two counts of transport of a controlled substance onto the grounds of North Central Regional Jail and one count of possession of tobacco by an inmate of North Central Regional Jail.
* George William Davis III, 27, of Clarksburg, for breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit breaking and entering, and petit larceny.
* Paul J. Campbell Jr., 27, of Alma, for breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit breaking and entering, and petit larceny.
* David M. Williams, 47, of Jane Lew, for obtaining money under false pretense and petit larceny.
* Matthew Nicholas, 30, of Salem, for two counts of fraudulent use of an access device.