Bond set in gas station robbery case
PARKERSBURG – Bond was set Tuesday for a Wood County man charged with the robbery of a gas station.
Henry Olan Bullough, 35, of 4400 Lincoln Ave., Parkersburg, appeared for a bond hearing before Circuit Court Judge J.D. Beane, who set his bond at $250,000 with a condition that Bullough could be tracked with GPS.
As a condition of his bond, Bullough is not to go to the Clark gas station at 3600 Emerson Ave. or have contact with any employees of the station.
According to police reports, Bullough allegedly entered the gas station around 4 p.m. March 6 approaching the clerk and demanding money. Witnesses said Bullough said he had a gun and was gesturing with his hand under his shirt.
Police said the suspect removed money from the cash register, attempted to get money from the station’s safe and allegedly removed the phone from the clerk’s hand as she tried to call for help.
Bullough is charged with second-degree robbery. The amount of money taken remains undisclosed, officials said.
If found guilty, Bullough faces one to 15 years in jail
In other hearings Tuesday:
* John L. Athey, 46, 13355 Ohio 93, Jackson, entered an Alford plea to a charge of embezzlement as charged by the January 2013 grand jury. Judge Robert Waters set sentencing for 9 a.m. May 20.
* Christopher Fisher Daniels, 43, 1952 Foley Drive, Parkersburg, was granted a motion by Waters to move his trial to the May court term. He was indicted by the May 2012 grand jury on two counts each of DUI causing death and driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or greater causing death, and one count each of DUI, driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .15 or greater, involuntary manslaughter and negligent homicide.
* Dale Martin Putnam, 51, 36 Meadowbrook Acres, Parkersburg, was granted a motion to move his trial to the May court term. His new trial date was set for July 9 before Judge Jeffrey Reed. Daniels was indicted by the May 2012 grand jury on a charge of fleeing from an officer in a vehicle while DUI.
* David Ryan Westfall, 34, 2306 Birch St., Parkersburg, was granted a continuance to the May court term and his trial was set for July 16. He was indicted by the September 2011 grand jury on four counts each of first-degree sexual abuse and sexual abuse by a custodian.
* Andrew Alan Huck, 35, 10 Kess Drive, Marietta, was sentenced after he pleaded guilty to a bill of information charging him with fraudulent use of an access device. Reed sentenced him to one to three years in prison with credit for 64 days served.
* James Joseph Turrell, 32, 34 Prince Court, Parkersburg, entered a plea agreement to plead guilty to a charge of third-offense DUI as charged by the January 2013 grand jury. Reed set sentencing for 9 a.m. July 28.
* Jamie Lynn Bishop, 30, 1000 Kemper St., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of third-offense driving on a suspended or revoked license for DUI. He waived a presentencing investigation and was sentenced to one year in jail with credit for 190 days served.