Wood County Circuit Court hears six cases Tuesday
PARKERSBURG – Six hearings took place Tuesday in Wood County Circuit Court.
* Martin Wesley Ward, 25, 2106 12th Ave., Parkersburg, was granted a motion to continue his trial to March 26 to give his new attorney time to review the case and prepare for trial. Ward was indicted by the May 2012 grand jury on a charge of malicious assault.
* Amanda Karine Flowers, 23, 1330 Dillaway St., Apt. B, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of burglary as charged by the May 2012 grand jury. Her sentencing was deferred by Judge Jeffery Reed pending her acceptance into the West Central Drug Court program.
* James Kelmer Laird, 51, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, appeared for a hearing on counts of his trial. A motion to dismiss two counts of second-offense DUI and one count of driving while license is suspended or revoked for DUI was denied. Reed ruled that statements made could be admitted into evidence.
* Jamie Dwayne Prince, 22, 957 Zion Ridge Road, Marietta, entered a plea agreement with the state to plead guilty to a charge of petit larceny from a September 2012 grand jury indictment and possession of a controlled substance and trespassing in a structure as charged in a bill of information. A motion for probation or alternative sentencing was taken under advisement and sentencing was set for 11 a.m. March 29 before Reed.
* Lionel Hollingsworth, 24, 129 N. Sixth St., Cambridge, Ohio, appeared for a hearing where it was ruled his dismissal from the Anthony Center was fair. His sentencing was set for 9 a.m. Feb. 14 before Reed. He was committed to the center on Jan. 19. On Oct. 19 he pleaded guilty to a charge of delivery of a controlled substance as charged by the grand jury on Oct. 20, 2012.
* Amanda Karine Flowers, 23, 1330 Dillaway St., Apt. B, Parkersburg, pleaded guilty to a charge of burglary as charged by the May 2012 grand jury. Her sentencing was deferred pending her acceptance into the West Central Drug Court program.