Two overdoses: Man charged, woman dies
PARKERSBURG – Two suspected heroin overdoses, one resulting in death, are being investigated by the Parkersburg Police Department.
Around 8:30 p.m. Friday, officers responding to the 7-Eleven at 2320 Gihon Road found a man unresponsive in the bathroom, Sgt. Greg Collins, spokesman for the police department, said. Officers found Charles Andrew Wade, 29, 1303 36th St., Parkersburg, on the floor of the public restroom, Collins said.
Wade was speaking, but appeared to be delirious and was unable to move, Collnis said.
He was talen to Camden Clark Medical Center for medical treatment, Collins said. According to accounts from witnesses and physical evidence found at the scene indicated Wade likely overdosed on heroin, Collins said.
Officer R.T. Davis subsequently charged Wade with possession of a controlled substance. In lieu of arrest, he was issued a citation because of his ongoing medical treatment, Collins said.
Wade is required to appear in Wood County Magistrate Court following his recovery or a warrant will be issued for his arrest, Collins said.
At around 9:15 p.m. Saturday, officers responded to a north Parkersburg home where medical technicians were working on a 27-year-old woman found unresponsive on the bathroom floor, Collins said. The woman, whose identity was not released, was taken to Camden Clark where she was pronounced dead shortly after 10 p.m.
Preliminary indications are the death was from a heroin overdose, and at least one prescription drug has been listed by investigators as also being a possible contributing factor in the death, he said.
No charges have been filed, Collins said.