Mid-Ohio Valley parks ready summer concerts
PARKERSBURG — Concert programs will kick off in June in Parkersburg, Belpre, Williamstown and Marietta.
In Parkersburg, the Artsbridge Summer Music in the Park and the Southwood Park Music Series will both kick off during the first week of June in Parkersburg. All concerts are free.
The Southwood Park series will begin first with a concert from 7-8 p.m. one Tuesday a month beginning June 4 at the Al Smith Stage in Southwood Park.
The shows will be: June 4, Mountain Rhythm Cloggers; July 2, JP Chandler (folk/Americana); Aug. 6, Levi Westfall (country/blues); and Sept. 3, Henrie Lane (classic rock).
The Artsbridge Summer Music in the Park will be 7-8 p.m. each Thursday from June 6-Aug. 29 at the City Park Bandshell. The schedule of entertainers includes:
* June 6: Mike Morningstar and Dustin McCray (folk rock)
* June 13: Sherry Wilson Braid as Patsy Cline
* June 20: The Johnny Staats Project (country)
* June 27: The Sheppard Brothers (bluegrass)
* July 4: Insured Sound (classic rock)
* July 11: Britain (60s music)
* July 18: Sunset Roosters (rock)
* July 25: Anthony Mossburg (folk)
* Aug. 1: Hank Poole and Jim Forshey (Elvis Tribute Artists)
* Aug. 8: Band of Brothers (80s through current)
* Aug. 15: Track 9 (classic rock)
* Aug. 22: Laurel Creek (bluegrass)
* Aug. 29: PHS and PSHS Marching Bands.
In Belpre, the Music by the River Concerts will begin June 4 and run through Aug. 27 at 7:30 p.m. each Tuesday at the bandstand in Civitan Park. The concerts are free. Bring your own lawn chair. Inclement weather decisions are made by 5:30 p.m. the day of the concert.
The schedule of performers includes:
* June 4: Remember Then (variety)
* June 11: Band of Brothers (classic rock)
* June 18: The Carriers (gospel)
* June 25: Plan B (variety)
* July 2: St. Marys Community Band (patriotic)
* July 9: Steve and Bev Pottmeyer (classic country)
* July 16: Michael Tobar Jazz Trio
* July 23: Henrie Lane (acoustic)
* July 30: RB3 (easy listening)
* Aug, 6: Sherri Braid as Patsy Cline
* Aug. 13: Jim Forshey (Elvis Tribute Artist)
* Aug. 20; Britain
* Aug. 27: Tall Grass (bluegrass) and Belpre High School Marching Band
In Marietta, Music in the Park is a free concert series sponsored by the Marietta Welfare League. Th concerts start at 6 p.m. each Thursday in June through August at Muskingum Park along Front Street in downtown Marietta.
This year’s schedule includes:
* June 6: Veritas Singers
* June 13: Marietta Children’s Choir
* June 20: The Tunesmiths
* June 27: High Schools that Rock and the Marietta Ukulele Choir
* July 4: Special Independence Day Party featuring Levi Westfall and Newfeather. There will be food trucks, games, and more starting at 6 p.m.
* July 11: St. Marys Community Band
* July 18: Fifth Street Quartet
* July 25: Karl Kesselring
* Aug. 1: Madeline Brookover
* Aug. 8: Neon Moon Band
* Aug. 15: Sienna Stockey
* Aug. 22: Marietta High School Vocal Point
* Aug. 29: Marietta High School Wall of Sound
In Williamstown, the schedule for the 25th annual Music in the Park series at Tomlinson Park has been announced.
Shows are scheduled at 7 p.m. Tuesdays starting June 11. The concerts are free:
* June 11; The Tune Smiths
* June 18: Randy and Highway 7 Band
* June 25: Tom Roddy
* July 2: Ed Vanhorn – 4 On the Floor
* July 9: The Kappel Family
* July 16: Jimmy Howson from the Ohio Valley Opry
* July 23: Windy Ridge
* July 30: St. Marys Community Concert Band
* Aug. 6: Eugene Haught – All of God’s Children
* Aug. 13: Jerry and Lisa Queen
* Aug. 20: Laurel Creek
* Aug. 27: The Clark Family from the Ohio Valley Opry
* Sept. 3: Dennis Sipoe – Alpha and Omega
* Sept. 10: Band of Brothers