Marietta College to present ‘The Vagina Monologues’
MARIETTA — The Theatre at Marietta College presents “V-Day Marietta College 2019” featuring “The Vagina Monologues” by Eve Ensler as part of the Storyteller Series and “V-Day: A Global Movement to End Violence Against Women and Girls Worldwide”.
This one-night only performance, 8 p.m. Saturday, will be held at the Friederich Theater in the Hermann Fine Arts Center, 500 Butler St.
The event has been coordinated by Marietta College Theatre Department adjunct professor Casiha Felt and features the directing and acting work of:
* MC students William Hays, McKenzie Peterson, Madison Roe, Gwen Sour, and Sophie Wheeler
* MC administrators Associate Dean of Students and Director of Diversity and Inclusion Nkenge Friday, and Associate Provost of Undergraduate Education Suzanne Walker
* MC staff member Assistant Director of Diversity and Inclusion Cam Clifton
* MC faculty members Carolina Alvarez and Aurora Held-Dodd
* MC alumni Beth Lane (2013), Rachel Williams (2016) and Karen Paskawych (1992)
* Mid-Ohio Valley community members Annie O’Brien and Cat Bigley
An Obie Award-winning whirlwind tour of a forbidden zone, “The Vagina Monologues” introduces a wildly divergent gathering of female voices, including a 6-year-old girl, a septuagenarian New Yorker, a vagina workshop participant, a woman who witnesses the birth of her granddaughter, a Bosnian survivor of rape, and a feminist happy to have found a man who “liked to look at it,” the college said.
The performance is intended for mature audiences.
All tickets are $5, available through marietta.edu/boxoffice.
As part of V-Day, all proceeds from this performance will benefit EVE Inc. (90 percent) and Spotlight Fund: Women in Prison, Detention Centers, and Formerly Incarcerated Women (10 percent).
For more information, call 740-376-4688.