Winners announced in Belpre High science fair
BELPRE — Belpre High School held its annual science fair March 2 in the high school gymnasium.
* First: Curstin Giffin and Elijah Flowers: Do Animals Display Handedness Like Humans
* Second: Amaya Mace: What Colors Animals Prefer and Why
* Honorable Mention: Brady Clem and Davis Leach: Where Do Earthworms Hangout When Food Is Around
* First: Rachael Hall and Levi Sprouse: Musical Intelligence
* Second: Sydney Spencer and Sheyenne Curtis-Le: Effect of Phone Usage on Reaction Time
* First: Abbee Kapple and Malcolm Striblin: Does Smell Affect Taste
* Second: Gabrielle Blaschke: Great Globs of Gluten
* First: Kyleigh Scott and Isiah Barnhart: Geyser Experiment
* Second: Madison Harman and Holly Erb: Ice Cream Freezing
* Honorable Mention: Kelly Erb and Emma Matheny: Chocolate Melting
* Honorable Mention: Kyna Waderker: Lava Lamps
Earth and Environmental Sciences
* First: Nicholas Boston and John Duncan: Water Quality
* Second: Matt Bayne and Walker Feick: How Much Salt Can Be Removed From a Salt Water Purifier?
* First: Austin Needs and Andrew Miranda: Air vs. Water Cooling – PC Cooling System
* Second: Tyce Church and Kayden Wright: Effect of Weight on Distance Traveled
* Honorable Mention: Sarah Davis and Ryleigh Hannah: The Sun and S’mores
* First: Isabella Gilbert: Paint vs. Paint
* Second: Foster Brand and Gabe Vega: Candy Snap
* Honorable Mention: Les Meredith: What Makes The Best Cotton Candy?
Physics and Astronomy
* First: Evan Wells and Connor Baker: Take Your Best Shot!
* Second: Samantha Gainer and Maggie Willey: Think Fast
* First: Domanick Smith and Julia Lockhart: Cabbage Clones
* Second: Madalynn Roby and Hannah Smith: Water Quality
* Honorable Mention: Chris Adams: Decaying Food
* Austin Needs and Andrew Miranda: Air vs. Water Cooling – PC Cooling System.