Heartwood in the Hills announces spring programs
GRANTSVILLE — The Heartwood in the Hills spring program will begin March 5 and continue for 12 weeks of classes culminating with a performance at the Calhoun County Wood Festival on June 2.
This spring Heartwood is offering a “Young Artists” Program. Classes in this program include Drawing, Color and Design, Introduction to Dance and Introduction to Theatre. Students who enroll in the dance and theatre classes will be invited to perform at the festival.
For more information on individual classes, class fees and financial assistance, contact Heartwood at 304-354-7874 or email email@example.com More information about Heartwood is available on the website at www.heartwoodinthehills.org or on Facebook. Heartwood is located off West Virginia 16 North on Lovada/Broomstick Road.
Beginning March 5, the class schedule includes:
* Theatre Dance — Study will include ballet technique, pantomime, masks and stagecraft. This is a class for intermediate dance students and is a companion class to Ballet II and Dance Technique. 4:45-:30 p.m. Fee – $80.
* “Young Artists” Drawing, Color and Design from Nature — Ages 10 and up. Young artists will increase their drawing skills while exploring the elements of drawing, color and design as represented in nature. 4:45-5:45 p.m. Fee – $60 plus $10 materials fee.
* Ballet II: Previous ballet experience required. Intermediate study of classical ballet. This class is a companion class to Theatre Dance and Dance Technique. 6:30-8:15 p.m. Fee – $80.
* “Young Artists” Introduction to Dance — Ages 10 and up. Students will study the basic fundamentals of dance – to begin building strength, flexibility, balance, musicality and agility. 4:45-6 p.m. Fee – $60.
* Movement for Health and Centering — Adults and Seniors. Classes combine rhythmic, meditative and aerobic movement sequences with anatomical analysis to achieve a general upgrading of the body and an increased sense of well being. 6:30-8 p.m. Fee – $80.
* “Young Artists” Introduction to Theatre — Ages 10 and up. Introduction to the Performing Arts. Study will include movement, voice and creative interpretation. 4:45-5:45 p.m. Fee – $60.
* Dance Technique — Exercises and movement sequences to enhance strength, flexibility, balance, expression and musicality. This is a class for intermediate dance students and is a companion class to Ballet II and Theatre Dance. 6:30-8:15 p.m. Fee – $80.
* Creative Arts for Children — Ages 5 and up. Singing, dancing, art projects, reading, creative dramatics, masks, international folk dance, conservation education. 4:30-5:30 p.m. Fee – $60 plus $10 materials fee.
* Maskmaking — Ages 15 and up. Students will design and create their own tarlatan mask and work with plaster, clay, acrylic paints and other materials in the process. 6:30-8:30 p.m. Class time will vary. Fee – $85 plus $15 materials fee.