Light parades to be held in Mid-Ohio Valley
BELPRE — Several holiday-themed parades are scheduled this weekend in the Mid-Ohio Valley.
* In Belpre, the annual Belpre Holiday Lights Festival displays will begin today with more than 160 lighted pieces placed throughout the city of Belpre, along with Howes Grove, River Access and Civitan parks.
The Belpre Holiday Lights Festival will illuminate the city with holiday spirit between 6-11 p.m. every night through Jan. 2.
The annual Belpre Holiday Lights Parade will be 6 p.m. Saturday on Washington Boulevard in Belpre. Lighted units will line up at Belpre High School at 5 p.m. and follow the route along Washington Boulevard to Civitan Park were Santa and Mrs. Claus will greet children at the band shell.
* The fourth annual Williamstown Lighted Christmas Parade will be 7 p.m. Saturday in Williamstown, with lineup at 6 p.m. at Wood County Christian School.
All floats, vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles and other units must be lighted, excluding antique cars. A new division for this year’s parade is golf carts and lawn mowers. Items for the Williamstown Food Pantry will be collected along the route. This year’s theme is “Christmas Americana.” Parade applications are available at the Williamstown City Building.
* In Marietta, the annual Merry-Etta Lighted Christmas Parade will be 6 p.m. Saturday in downtown Marietta, followed by the Mayor’s Annual Christmas Tree Lighting at Armory Square.
The parade will begin at Third and Ohio streets and follow the route along Ohio Street, Second Street, Greene Street, Putnam Street and Second Street, ending at Second and Butler streets.
* The annual Harrisville Volunteer Fire Department Night Christmas Parade will be 6 p.m. Saturday on Main Street in Harrisville.
Following the parade visit with Santa for a free photo and refreshments. Local merchants will have their store fronts decorated and welcome visitors.
Attendees can also enjoy the lights of the town Christmas tree and park holiday light display.
* The annual Beverly-Waterford Christmas Parade and Dodge Park Lighting Ceremony will be Sunday in Beverly and Waterford.
The parade will form at 4:30 p.m. in the Waterford High School parking lot and begin at 5:30 p.m., following Main Street, Ohio 339 and Ohio 60 to Dodge Park in Beverly where the lighting ceremony will be held. The ceremony will include seasonal entertainment and free refreshments.