Newspaper seeks stories, photos from Mid-Ohio Valley veterans
PARKERSBURG — Submissions are being accepted for the annual Veterans Tab published by The Parkersburg News and Sentinel.
The tab is a collection of reader-submitted stories and photos about veterans in Wood, Washington and surrounding counties, living or deceased in any period of history.
Information readers would like to know includes the branch of service, years served, which war or where served, special commendations and medals and any stories residents will find interesting. Photos can be of the veteran or events during their service where they are in the picture or took the picture, and can be from submissions from years past.
Deadline is Nov. 2. The tab will publish Nov. 11.
Photos and stories can be submitted to the Editorial Department in several ways:
* Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
* Faxed to 304-485-5122, although photos cannot be faxed;
* Submitted on the newspaper virtual newsroom, newsandsentinel.com by clicking on the Submit News button and following the prompts to put the story and photo in the Press Releases or Military Personnel News categories and clearly marked for the Veterans tab. The address is newsandsentinel.com/submit-news/;
* Bringing the stories and photos into the office at 519 Juliana St.;
* Mailing the story and photos to Veterans Tab, The Parkersburg News and Sentinel, 519 Juliana St., Parkersburg, WV 26101.
Electronic submissions are encouraged to prevent errors. Written submissions should be typed or legibly printed so no errors are made.
Submissions may be edited to accommodate space limitations.
For more information, call 304 485-1891 ext. 221, 260 or 282.