Belleville celebrates Homecoming
BELLEVILLE — The 2017 Belleville Homecoming Festival will be Friday through Sunday at the Belleville Community Center on West Virginia 68 South at Belleville in southern Wood County.
The three-day festival will feature entertainment, activities, games and attractions, including music by this year’s headliner, the country group Exile, along with Jake Binegar, The Smokin Section, The Johnny Staats Project and the Joseph Sisters.
The fourth annnual Color Me Fun Run will be 6:30 p.m. Friday.
The goal of the Belleville Homecoming is to provide a place and opportunity for friends and family to gather and to enjoy entertainment, games and historical exhibits, organizers said.
Admission to the homecoming is free on Friday only. Admission on Saturday and Sunday is $6 for adults, $2 for children ages 3-12 and free for children under 3 years of age. A few events during the festival will also require a special entry fee plus proof of admission.
The Belleville Homecoming Parade will be Saturday beginning at 10 a.m. on W.Va. 68. The lineup begins at the Belleville Hydro-Plant entrance road at 9 a.m. There is no entrance fee.
The Belleville Homecoming Cruise In will be Saturday at the Belleville Community Building. Car registration begins at 11 a.m. and the show is noon-3 p.m.
The entry fee is $15. There will be drawings and door prizes.
The schedule for the 2017 Belleville Homecoming Festival follows:
• 5:30 p.m. Registration for Color Me Fun Run
• 6-8 p.m.: Enter exhibits
• 6:30 p.m.: Color Me Fun Run
• 8-10 p.m.: Teen Dance with The Music Factory
• 10 p.m.: Grounds close
• 8 a.m.: Registration for Senior Walk (Office)
• 8:30 a.m.: Senior Walk for ages 60 and older
• 9 a.m.: Parade line-up
• 10 a.m.: Belleville Homecoming Festival Parade; Tug tractor pull registration and pull; Lawn tractor pull registration and pull
• 11 a.m.: Opening ceremonies; Cruise-in registration; Horse show registration
• 12:30 p.m.: Pet Parade
• 1 p.m.: Horse show; Pretty Baby Contest registration
• 1:30 p.m.: Chicken throw
• 2 p.m.: Haybale throw; Dino Roar Show
• 2:30 p.m.: Cornhole registration; Youth sack race
• 3:30 p.m.: Diaper Derby on basketball court; Watermelon eating/seed spitting contest
• 4 p.m.: Hula hoop contest; Cornhole tournament; Toilet Paper Contest at basketball court
• 4:30 p.m.: Jake Binegar; Dino Roar Show
• 6 p.m.: Dino Roar Show
• 6:15 p.m.: The Smokin Section
• 8 p.m.: Exile
• 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks
• 10 p.m.: Grounds close
• 10 a.m.: Grounds open; Tractor show/rodeo registration
• Noon: Truck pull registration
• 1 p.m.: Truck pull; Tractor show/rodeo; Tootsie roll spitting contest; Corn shelling contest
• 2 p.m.: Dino Roar Show; Marble tournament
• 2:30 p.m.: The Johnny Staats Project; Oreo Cookie eating contest at basketball court
• 3:30 p.m.: Kiddie Pedal Power at basketball court
• 4 p.m.: The Joseph Sisters
• 6 p.m.: Grounds close