Wood BOE considering principal transfers for 2013
PARKERSBURG – The Wood County Board of Education will consider appointing and transfers for principals at four elementary schools at its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. today in the Jefferson School Auditorium.
The transfers are:
* Linda Brunicardi, assistant principal at Williamstown Elementary, to principal at Neale Elementary School.
* Thomas Wheeler, assistant principal at Hamilton Middle School, to principal Worthington Elementary School.
* Melanie Cutright, assistant principal at VanDevender Middle School, to principal at Lubeck Elementary School.
* Allen Laugh, appointment as principal at Jefferson Elementary Center.
Other items on the agenda include:
* Awarding of the Nathan Prize to Lilyan White, a ninth grader at Parkersburg South High School.
* Recognition of the Parkersburg High School Men’s Ensemble, Women’s Ensemble, Chamber Choir and A Cappella Choir for winning first place in the Heritage Festival’s National Choral Competition April 24-28 in Boston.
* Recognition of Parkersburg High students for the Maestro Award for Most Outstanding Solos in the Heritage Festival: John Bolton, Dylan Fahey, Michael Edman, Sam Miser and Avery West for vocal solos; Ryan Phipps for outstanding cello soloist; Zoe Heflin for cello and piano accompaniment.
* Recognition of the Williamstown High School girls track team for winning the Single A track championship.
* A report on the Ritchie Regional Health Center by Sherry St. Clair.
* A report on the feasibility study by Johnson Controls by Joe Price.
* A presentation on the Public Debt internship program by Steve Warden.
* A report on the United States Department of Agriculture Community Eligibility Option by Beverly Blough.
* The 2012-13 graduation lists from Parkersburg High, Parkersburg South High School, Williamstown High and Adult Education.
* The transfer of of students from Pleasants County to Wood County, if space is available, for 2013-14: Malachi M. Stewart, grade 3; Josiah P. Stewart, grade 5; Sabena Malynn Stewart, kindergarten; Hannah Michelle Mayo, grade 1; Sydnee Danielle Mayor, pre-kindergarten.
* Allow Derek B. Sayres of Wood County to attend school in Pleasants County, 2013-14.