Camden Clark Medical Center ranked among Top 100 hospitals in two categories
PARKERSBURG — WVU Medicine Camden Clark Medical Center held a reception Wednesday in celebration of being named among the best hospitals in the country in two latest rankings.
Camden Clark was rated as a Top 100 hospital for patient safety in cardiac and orthopedic care in two studies released by Healthgrades, an online resource for information about physicians and hospitals, and by Quantros, a health care industry provider of performance analytics, risk management and quality management solutions through its CareChex ratings.
Healthgrades each year evaluates hospital performance at 4,500 hospitals for 32 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions and tracks outcomes in appendectomy and bariatric surgery using all-payer data provided by 15 states and the District of Columbia.
In addition to the Top 100 hospitals in the nation achievement, Camden Clark also was recognized for the following clinical achievements
* Stroke Care
* Five-Star recipient for treatment of heart failure two consecutive years in 2018 and 2019.
* Neurosciences: Healthgrades 2019 Neurosciences Excellence Award; 2019 Stroke Care Excellence Award; Top 5 percent in the nation for treatment of stroke in 2019; Top 10 percent in the nation for neurosciences in 2019; Top 10 percent in the nation for treatment of stroke in 2019; Five-Star recipient for treatment of stroke in 2019.
* Pulmonary: Five-Star recipient for treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease for two consecutive years in 2018 and 2019.
* Critical Care: Five-Star recipient for treatment of sepsis in 2019.
* Labor and Delivery: Five-Star recipient for vaginal delivery for two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018; Five-Star recipient for C-Section delivery for two consecutive years, 2017-2018.
* GYN Surgery: Five-Star recipient for hysterectomy in 2017 and 2018.
* Top 10 percent nationally for medical excellence in overall medical care.
* Top 10 percent nationally for patient safety for heart failure treatment.
* Top 10 percent nationally for patient safety for interventional coronary care.
* Top 10 percent nationally for patient safety for neurological care.
By US News and World Report:
* Named High Performing Hospital for treatment of heart failure for two years in a row, 2018 and 2019.
* Named High Performing Hospital for treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease for two years in a row, 2018-2019.
By Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield:
* Designated as a Blue Distinction Plus Center for Cardiac Care second year in a row.
By American Heart Association:
* Camden Clark Medical Center was first in West Virginia to offer the American Heart Association’s Resuscitation Quality Improvement Program.