Belpre Area Chamber of Commerce announces awards winners
BELPRE — Belpre Area Chamber of Commerce announced award winners from the 80th annual dinner held Oct. 26 at Grand Pointe Conference and Reception Center in Vienna.
The businesses and groups received recognition during the awards portion of the evening’s celebration with plaques donated by Wellspring Tax Service of Belpre. Winners were:
* Business of the Year: First Settlement Physical Therapy, sponsored by Mayor Mike Lorentz.
* Mayor’s Keys to the City: Bob’s Market and Greenhouses, and First Settlement Physical Therapy
* Entrepreneur/Small Business of the Year: Abbey Tanner and Peddler’s Junction Vendor Mall, sponsored by Riverview Credit Union.
* President’s Service Award: Kristin Meeks of WV Social Media and 2017 President of Board of Directors, sponsored by Belpre Area Chamber of Commerce
* Spirit of the Chamber: Kelly Cox, 2017 Board of Directors vice-president and incoming president, sponsored by Belpre Area Chamber of Commerce.
* Businessperson of the Year: David McClure, president/CEO WVU Medicine Camden Clark Medical Center, sponsored by WV social Media.
* Community Revitalization Supporter: Belpre Area Chamber Economic Development Committee, sponsored by Zenergy Massage.
* Belpre Citizen of the Year: Danielle Dowler, Belpre Homecoming Pageants Coordinator
* Non-Profit of the Year: Belpre Woman’s Club, sponsored by Pickering Associates.
* Belpre Youth Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year: Jeff Totten
* Business Marketing Funding award of $500: Back to Basics Log Cabin and owner Amanda Hamrick, sponsored by Belpre Area Chamber of Commerce
Presenting his ideas regarding Legacy to the Community and Careful Estate Planning was Jeffery D. Chaddock, Private Wealth Advisor, CRPC; and 1984 graduate of Belpre High School, who spoke following a buffet dinner. Chaddock was named as one of the country’s top 1200 financial advisors 2010-2017 by Baron’s Magazine. Of Ameriprise Financial’s 10,000 advisers, Chaddock is currently number one within the company.